Menu Navigation Problems With Some DVDs
I have a number of commercially released DVDs that XBMC has problems navigating menus properly, but work properly with PowerDVD and in set-top DVD players fine. Almost all of them have the same problems using VLC. I believe both XBMC use the same library for DVD playback and navigation (libdvdread and libdvdnav), so I am wondering, should I/would it be useful to post bug reports about DVD playback here, or should I send them to the maintainer of the libraries directly? I am more than happy to provide any information I can provide to help fix this, if it can be fixed.

Another potentially similar issue involves a bizarre bug regarding some DVD box sets (Transformers region 1 Shout Factory releases) where choosing to play a multi-part episode without breaks causes XBMC to ignore the de-interlace settings and refuse to de-interlace the video properly, but does de-interlace the video when the episodes are played one at a time. It is really bizarre but it is reproducible and has been a problem going back to 11.0. Should I gather up the logs and other information and file a bug report for this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Menu Navigation Problems With Some DVDs0