Remote help
Could anyone give me a 'succinct' flow idea of how the remote works?
EG if I have a 'one key' remote, and using ir-keytable, the flow process is: (assuming I have some sort of generic MCE remote, using RC-6, and I'm certainly not an expert at this...)
1/ Press the key (lets say for example it's a big ENTER key.)
I can monitor the key codes, by running ir-keytable -t, and see that the scancode is: 0x800f0422
2/ I have an /etc/rc_keymaps/rc6_mce file, and in there there is an entry:
0x800f0422 KEY_ENTER
3/ I also have an ~/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/keyboard.xml file, and in there, there is an entry:
<enter>Enter</enter>
I am assuming (perhaps incorrectly..), that the KEY_ENTER and the <enter>Enter</enter>, is how the command actually is transferred?? While the <enter> and </enter> is the command that is sent to the program??

Therefore, this will send an ENTER(keyboard) to the program......

So...
If I also have a BACK key on the remote, that has a scancode of: 0x800f0423 and this translates to KEY_EXIT in the RC6_mce file, how do I get this to reflect the keyboard escape eg in LiveTV, to take me back to the guide, with the liveTV still going? At the moment, it takes me back to the guide, but STOPS the LiveTV
Also seem to have issues getting 'other' keys to the program, for example the number keys..
ie, how does the keystroke relate to the file in rc_keymaps, relate to the file in userdata/ ? Can't seem to get my head around it...
Thanks.
This --> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=170372 is based on lirc rather than ir-keytable, but it explains how codes map to button names, which then map to XBMC actions.

I think probably to get the functionality you are asking about, you should map 0x800f0423 to KEY_BACK rather than KEY_EXIT. Have to admit, I sacked off ir-keytable in favour of lirc because I found lirc easier to work with. That could just be me though !!!
Learning Linux the hard way !!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote help0