Switching from Frodo to Gotham -> HDMI Problems
Hello,

this is my simple and on Frodo working setup:
- TV (Samsung UE50F6400) via HDMI-2 (ARC port) to Receiver (Yamaha RX-V475) HDMI-4
- Raspberry Pi via HDMI to Receiver HDMI 1
- Raspberry Pi is powered by Samsung 1A USB port

All control works via HDMI-CEC and only the Remote. Software on the Pi is XBian with Frodo.
The Pi boots as soon as I switch on my TV. It is turned off, when I turn off my TV. I did not have any problems with "not correcly shutting down the Pi".
  • So I turn on my TV
  • Switch to HDMI 2 as source on my TV (= receiver)
  • XBMC shows with 1080p resolution and it can be controlled via CEC by the TV remote

Now I upgraded to OpenELEC Gotham 13.1 (same on Raspbmc 13.2). Now I do the same, but XBMC does not work correctly.
  • So I turn on my TV
  • Switch to HDMI 2 as source on my TV
  • XBMC shows with 640x480 resolution and and CEC is not connected

There is no way to fix the cec connection. Samsung Aynet (CEC) can not find any device.
So I reboot the Pi by disconnecting and reconnecting usb power or choosing reboot via smartphone control or ssh, it goes perfectly into 1080p and CEC is automatically connected. Everything works again....

I have tried OpenELEC with Gotham 13.1 and Raspbmc with Gotham 13.2. Both show the same behaviour. It does not seem to be an OpenELEC or Raspbmc probem.

I don't know, if both RaspberryPi distributions ship new Raspberry Pi software/libraries which cause that problem or if XBMC Gotham is the cause.
How can this made work, without the manual reboot of the Pi? What can I do ?
Sounds like this:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ras...d_on_first
That link posted by popcornmix seems to cover it, with the slight detail that your TV isn't reporting it's capability unless switched to HDMI2.
The solution to get the resolution correct is as stated - I use it all the time.
I don't know about the CEC, as I don't have/use it, but it has been discussed here and elsewhere.
Derek

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Switching from Frodo to Gotham -> HDMI Problems0