Apple tv gen 1
hey everyone I have a gen 1 apple tv its got 13.1 on it now but I want to upgrade it I used crystalubuntu thinking it was the newest version anyone have a n idea how I can upgrade it to 13.2 and also use the wireless on it
When the update is available in Crystalbuntu then it will update automatically the next time the ATV1 reboots. It might just not be available yet, but will likely be ready soon.

You should be able to use the Crystalbuntu add-on within XBMC to select a wifi network.
I tried but it wont allow me to select my network its wiered unlike my brothers apple 2
Not trying to hijack this thread, but wondering about my setup Ned. I just rebooted an it says v13.2 but the xbmc logo is still in the left top corner. Should it say KODi? A few weeks ago a message popped up saying I needed to upgrade and I forget what that was all about. Still using ATV1 with the Crystal HD card, USB stick hasn't been touched in at least 6-8 months which is good I guess LOL. Or should I make a new stick? My only complaint these days is that when a movie is selected the screen sort of freezes for maybe 30 seconds or so, and I can tell that the movie is moving forward, then it kicks in. Likewise, if somebody asks me to replay a scene when they didn't catch the dialogue, it freezes again, then catches up in 30 seconds or so. There is no visual reverse so we have no clue where the replay will take place from.

Other than that, movies are playing fine, still on my NAS drive hard wired to the ATV1.

Mike
V13's are still XBMC. The Kodi change won't fully happen until v14 is released. Skipping sometimes pauses for me as well on ATV1, just like you describe. I'm not sure if there is any fix for it yet.
Mugen...

You have a hard-wired ATV1, perhaps thats the reason? Its going to look at the network its connected to, so you can try pulling the cable and seeing what happens then. If you have a CrystalHD card installed in the ATV1 I think that negates any wireless operation. I'm using the Crystalbuntu USB stick and my system is v.13.2 as noted above, I periodically reboot. I also have the CrystalHD card installed and I'm hard-wired with shielded CAT6 cable throughout my home network. I'm also feeding media from my NAS drive and a "media" directory within that. Far more reliable and smoother than a USB drive.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple tv gen 10