[help] Gotham 13.2 + Onkyo TX-NR609
Question 
Hey everyone. I recently updated a family members xbmc install to gotham 13.2 and we started having trouble with their reciever the Onkyo TX-NR609. The operating system is Windows 8.1x64 on a gigabyte brix running xbmc gotham 13.2. I am familiar and aware that there have been updates to the advanced audio engine and imagine this is where our misconfig is happening. I unfortunately am not in front of the system right now so I cannot provide a log but was wondering if anybody has any experience with a similar configuration and/or receiver. I searched the forums and found a few mentions of this receiver but nothing that explicitly lists a fix. I googled a bit and read a few forum posts elsewhere but again no answer in sight. If anybody has any idea as to what may be the trick I would greatly appreciate. Right now video plays for approx 1 second before freezing completely or moving almost frame by frame once every 5 seconds. I have confirmed that it is the onkyo by removing it from the setup completely and testing a few videos that completely locked up the system. Again any insight as to what may be causing the issue is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

also would like to note that the media is all stored locally on a synology.

bry.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Are you certain windows is still using the Onkyo TX-NR609 as the default audio playback device and not a internal audio device on the SPdiff or HDMI....?
Windows driver update can do that also when windows reboots the Onkyo TX-NR609 need to be on and connected or it will fallback to the internal devices.
(2014-09-14, 17:58)Willem55 Wrote: Are you certain windows is still using the Onkyo TX-NR609 as the default audio playback device and not a internal audio device on the SPdiff or HDMI....?
Windows driver update can do that also when windows reboots the Onkyo TX-NR609 need to be on and connected or it will fallback to the internal devices.

funny enough i've found that as soon as we switch to XBMC the onkyo switches to analog audio. Next time I am in front of the computer i'll take a shot at confirming that the computer is using the latest bios as well as drivers available.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
You might also post some details regarding your xbmc audio configuration (screenshots maybe) as well as your hardware configuration (hdmi, analog, coax whatever).
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[help] Gotham 13.2 + Onkyo TX-NR6090