Best way to auto-update library ? Mini-X x8 xbmc + server
Hi, I have a 30TB homeserver with so far roughly 20 TB movies, series & music - so we're talking a large library. All media is stored on the homeserver and I run XBMC on a Mini-X Neo X8. Unfortunately they put only a 100 Mbit Network Card on the Mini-X for whatever reason.

I would like my library to auto-update but I'm having issues with stuttering on all kinds of media streamed from the homeserver while XBMC is updating the library. Might be due to poor CPU on the Mini-X, or it might be due to the 100 Mbit Network Card both streaming media + scanning the directory structure from the same server at the same time, I don't know.

I've briefly tested the WatchDog add-on, but from what I can tell it can only do a full scan of my sources once changes are detected on the various shares on my homeserver I've added in XBMC. Running a full scan upon startup is not a good idea, this means I need to wait for the library update to finish before I can start watching movies each time I turn it on.

Ideally I'm hoping there's a way to only add the particular new movie/series to library without doing a complete scan of all these folders. Does anyone have suggestions on the best approach? Ideally I would also like to run a clean-up automatically in case I move data to different shares or remove content. All ideas appreciated. In advance, thank you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best way to auto-update library ? Mini-X x8 xbmc + server0