Bitstream wont work in XBMC nor will external player config for MPC-HC 64
Ok guys, I've tried all versions of XBMC all the way up to the nightly, and I cannot get it to bitstream TrueHD or DTS-HD MA no matter what guide I try! I have everything set as WASPI HDMI and all the correct codecs enabled, and nothing. Other videos play fine through bitstream, it's just the HD Audio ones that dont. Is it Windows 8.1? The latest video/audio drivers for my intel cpu are installed and they arent showing HD audio codecs being able to play.

Even with MPC-HC and bitstreaming enabled, it will pass through everything but HD audio....

Also, I tried to set up MPC-HC x64 as my default player in XBMC with this config:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="true" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files\MPC-HC\mpc-hc64.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv" player="mpc-hc64"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

I changed the default path and player name in experimenting because all the guides I find aren't for MPC-HC's 64bit version. I've tried deleting the XBMC's playercorefactore.xml as well in attempts to get this to work.

I would however rather use XBMC's built in player, as the bitstreaming issue is what I'm ultimately trying to work around, if I can get that working on it's own I'll be a-ok.

Unless there's a much better reason to use MPC-HC right now. However, I'd still like to get some input on what I'm doing wrong for both accounts. Now, here's my setup pics.
Anyone?
Windows isn't detecting the the avr as capable of those formats - look at the screenshot of the avr's properties.

What hardware are you using?
Nope! I was wrong it's definitely the hardware. I'm on my current intel driver, and this chip is suppose to bitstream hd audio no problem. Anyone else have any ideas?

Specs are Windows 8.1
ZBOX CI320 nano
GPU Intel HD Graphics
CPU Intel Celeron N2930 (quad-core, 1.83 GHz) Burst frequency up to 2.16 GHz
Memory: 4GB DDR3L
Memory Speed 1333 MHz
If its anything like the Celeron N2820 chip, then there were/are issues with passthrough on Windows systems, but not on Openelec/Linux.

If its any help you can check out this link.
(2014-09-15, 01:49)demoncamber Wrote: Nope! I was wrong it's definitely the hardware. I'm on my current intel driver, and this chip is suppose to bitstream hd audio no problem. Anyone else have any ideas?

Specs are Windows 8.1
ZBOX CI320 nano
GPU Intel HD Graphics
CPU Intel Celeron N2930 (quad-core, 1.83 GHz) Burst frequency up to 2.16 GHz
Memory: 4GB DDR3L
Memory Speed 1333 MHz

As teeedubb has already pointed, your audio driver reports hd audio is not supported, if hd audio was properly supported then you would have DTS-HD and TrueHD shown in the encoded formats box as below.

Your screenshot also shows HDCP not supported, so I highly doubt passthrough of hd audio is possible without copy protection being active.

Are you sure MPC-HC is not decoding to LPCM 7.1? as they include LAV filters which I believe which are capable of this. What does the lcd front panel on AVR show?

Btw, I don't see any drivers for this product on the Zotec website, how did you load the drivers?
Ok guys, thanks everyone for the help. I'm seriously about to fall back to Windows 7.
The issues appears to be the fact that there's no Intel Management Engine Driver available for this chip yet.
The zotac site has all the drivers listed for 7&8 here: http://www.zotac.com/products/mini-pcs/z...loads.html

I'm going to try a couple things here, hopefully someone in here will chime in with a fix or something. Otherwise I'm going back to windows 7 asap.
Strange I couldn't find those downloads earlier, anyway have you loaded the driver "Intel TXE (Win 7 64bits, Win 8/ 8.1, 32/64bits)"?

The 1st generation Bay Trail chip did not support hd audio on Windows but this could be fixed in the new ones being released. I believe that TXE driver is supposed to be the replacement Intel Management Engine Driver for the Bay Trail Celerons.

Rolling back to Win 7 won't solve anything if loading the TXE driver doesn't fix it, you'll still be lacking the needed drivers for hd audio to work on Windows.
That's correct, I read that in the whole thread you linked to from intel's forums.
TXE is supposed to replace it, but it does NOT enable the HD codecs Sad
I've also gotten the HDCP to be supported now due to a reboot.

Pretty stupid that I can't get HD Audio. I'm now trying to hack install Intel® Management Engine.
I'll either get a BSOD or it may actually work. I'll report back later.

*update- no such install luck on that driver Sad
I've created a thread over at intel's forum: https://communities.intel.com/message/251589#251589
(2014-09-15, 19:01)jjd-uk Wrote: Strange I couldn't find those downloads earlier, anyway have you loaded the driver "Intel TXE (Win 7 64bits, Win 8/ 8.1,

Funny enough, I was actually able to get windows 8 to update the driver for the TXE in device manager to one of the IME drivers that would not previously install, by forcing the .inf driver. After reboot, it reported as working correctly and booted up fine, however it still did not unlock the HD Audio codecs missing in the Playback Devices section.

Kinda interesting it installed though.
Hi everyone.

I am currently waiting for my Zbox nano CI320. Also plan to use Windows with XBMC/Kodi (exe) until i read about HD-Sound issues.

In this post, however, is a workaround which seems to do the job for some people.

https://communities.intel.com/message/26...789#263590

Can anyone confirm this really works? They basically use the latest Intel drivers from October 24th/27th, with XBMC Frodo 12.3.

Edit: This workaround is meant for 1st Generation Intel Bay Trail Celerons.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bitstream wont work in XBMC nor will external player config for MPC-HC 641