Ouya and Gotham - Nothing but issues trying to install/config
I want to upgrade to Gotham, currently running SPMC Frodo.

First, I tried to install the latest version of SPMC. At startup, I see the load screen, the bar goes across the bottom of the screen for first run, then it crashes. So that seems to be out of the question.

It was suggested I use the XBMC for Android 13.2. I downloaded and installed the APK, seemed to work fine. Installed XBMC Backup. I also installed Aeon Nox just fine! So its obvious it's on the network. However, I can't see any SMB shares on my File Servers. None, XBMC can't see anything on the network. I go back to SPMC and it's just fine.

What am I missing here? This is very frustrating. There's always some gotcha with some install I've done with XBMC over the years, whether it's on the XBox, Android box, ATV2, Ouya, or my tablet. Don't get me wrong, it's been fun, it's just getting really old and frustrating as I have very little time anymore to commit to this.
I don't know what to say. My OUYA doesn't have any issues with my SMB shares for either vanilla XBMC v13.2 or SPMC (any version). I don't believe that any of the differences between XBMC and SPMC even touch the SAMBA client, so both should be accessing SMB/SAMBA shares identically.

Chances are this is more of an issue with the weird way SMB handles netbios domain names, which is an issue that is pretty typical for any open source SMB client. A long story short, try using IP addresses instead of server names for your SMB shares.
Okay, I managed to map via IP address. It still won't browse the network. It does see UPNP devices by machine name though.

I use mySQL, so I have advancedsettings.xml set up. I copied it over from my SPMC directory, which is working, but it's Frodo. The mySQL DB resides on the same machine and IP that I just mapped by IP. When I put advancedsettings.xml in the userdata directory, it crashes on startup. I see the splash screen, then boom, dead. Just kicks me back to the Ouya menu. When I remove advancedsettings.xml from the userdata directory, it boots fine. I have it configured by IP as well, always have.

What now? Nightly build? Older version of Gotham? Beta version of 14? This is frustrating. There's no reason why an SPMC Frodo install on this very same Ouya can see it fine, but Gotham versions of SPMC and XBMC don't work. It makes no sense.
Debug log (wiki)?
Took me a little while to get back to trying to upgrade.

Here's what I have done so far and the results:
  • Performed factory reset on the Ouya
  • Installed XBMC Final Android APK 13.2
  • Starts up
  • Still can't browse SMB shares
  • Put AdvancedSettings.xml in the proper directory
  • AdvancedSettings.xml hangs on startup
  • Uninstalled
  • Installed XBMC Android APK for Monthly Helix 14
  • Starts up
  • Uninstalled
  • Installed SPMC 13.2
  • Starts up

Here's the XMBC.log before it hangs - http://pastebin.com/pG1UMBH5

Without MySQL it's useless to me.

I'm ready to throw it out the window and try FireTV. I don't know why it started doing this.
Very strange. I'm not sure. If you can get a log cat (wiki) for when it hangs/crashes, that might tell us more.
@groty,

i just performed clean install minix gotham 13.3 and copied over working sources.xml/advancedsettings.xml/passwords.xml from windows systems.

when i opened minix gotham 13.3, i also see splash screen, then crash back to android desktop.

[SOLUTION for ME]

1. remove advancedsettings.xml from android
2. run gotham for a few mins, making certain to check sources work, and that gotham builds the required .smb folder inside xbmc path
3. replace advancedsettings.xml back on android
4. open gotham -> enjoy..

hope this works for you, if you have not yet found a solution.

Dam0

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ouya and Gotham - Nothing but issues trying to install/config0