How to use Kodi to make Internet TV box
Hi,

I need to make a box (STB), which when plugged into TV can display live streaming URLs and can be controlled from remote control. So that a user can have the same experience as of a traditional live TV. One way is to use a Raspberry Pi and make a custom software for that. Second is to use Kodi, if i can get the following features,

1. Configuring live streams once (I found a way of doing it through *.strm files). - hence issue resolved
2. Upon starting the hardware (Android box or Raspberry Pi), it goes straight to showing the stream (1st one in list, or the last one viewed in previous session) from internet instead of going to My Videos and selecting the steam
3. Use remote control to up/down the channels hence the streams
4. Since Kodi is open source, can I have custom branding on the UI?
5. Power off from remote, and it goes to standby, switching TV also off

I will also be thankful for suggestions on hardware in view of the above features. Android or Raspberry Pi?

Regards,
Arslan Zaidi
I would use OpenELEC and a NUC or similar.

All the items you want can be accomplished, you should be able to get all your answers via the wiki or forum thread searches.
OpenElec..u mean I go for Raspberry not Android?

Secondly, I came here after spending about an hour on wiki and forum searching. Thats where I found strm method as I mentioned, but did not find the rest of things; like auto start of streaming. Could you please point me in the right direction to proceed?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to use Kodi to make Internet TV box0