Linux Setting up a new Intel NUC and keeping xbmc-data
I’m just about to set up my first Intel NUC with the specific purpose of running XBMC. Currently I am using a MyGica 510b (same as the Pivos Xios and many other variants) and it is running on Linux.

I am undecided whether to install OpenELEC or XBMCUbuntu. Any general advice on that - given I'm pretty stupid at these things Tongue - would be gratefully received. However, the question I want to put here may determine the answer:

I want to use the harmony remote that I am currently using for my MyGica/Linux streamer. This has in the “xbmc-data” folder on the SD card a load of code which some kind souls helped me create, mapping the keys on my Harmony to actions on the screen. It works perfectly for me. The thought of going through a similar process again terrifies me!

So, would I be able to use the “xbmc-data” folder from my existing streamer on my new NUC? Would it carry over the remote settings, and indeed all the other stuff like the Aeon Nox skin and menus which I put so many hours into configuring?

Hoping someone can help. Thanks in advance!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Setting up a new Intel NUC and keeping xbmc-data0