Airplay crashing
Running exactly the config as in the vdpau howto.
Using iOS 7 I can start Airplay but after a few seconds up to a minute I airplay crashes and the music stops. I hear a XBMC error sound. Sometimes I can try and disable airplay and enable again on the phone but most of the time Kodi airplay doesn't work anymore till I restart.

Are there any tips what I can do to make the airplay server stable?

Cheers, End
first tip: Debug Log
next tip: don't buy any proprietary apple crap next time. It will stop working completely with version 8 of their dongled OS anyways.
third tip: see second tipp
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
@fritsch - airpaly is already done once the video is playing - so this crash is 100% dvdplayer land (airplay not invovled anymore...)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Yeah - I could not see that in the non existing Debug Log :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Took me a while but here is the Debug Log.

Crash happened when Kodi switched into the music player visualization mode after 3? min playtime..1 sec later the airplay session crashed. Reproduced 2 times in the log.
Did the log file help you fritsch? Any idea what causes the crash?
Cheers, End
No - I don't see the crash.

If it was a crash, also provide the crashlog from your home directory.
Please disable the cu lyrics addon and tell us if this solves the problem (if so then indeed this was no crash - only a premature stop of the player).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Seems to be stable with the lyrics scraper disabled. Will test a bit more and report back if airplay still breaks.

Cheers!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Airplay crashing0