Amazon Fire TV problems
I just got an Amazon Fire TV with XBMC installed and I am experiencing problems with the video quality and reliability. I have problems with HD and SD video becoming pixulated and eventually crashing (especially on HD) about 2.5 minutes into the streaming. I have checked my speed and it is about 13-15Mbps on my Mac. I don't know how to check in on the Amazon Fire TV yet. I believe that it is a problem with processing the video, but not really sure. I have used the NetFlix feature within Amazon and that streams just fine. Any help would be appreciated because at this time the unit is a waste. Thanks
If you need additional information to help answer I can provide. I just don't know what else to do.
Wired or WiFi
If it's WiFi don't blame the unit..
If the video is streamed over WiFi from the Mac that 13-15Mbps just became 6-7Mbps to and from the router on the same channel.
It is WiFi. Is there a way to check my speed on the fire tv
Which addon?
i am using multiple addons and all seem to have the same problem. I was using Genius here recently.

to clarify the earlier post about Wifi... yes, the unit is connected to my network over Wifi, but I was not streaming video from my Mac but rather through an addon within XBMC. I have been using Icefilms, Genius, 1Channel, etc. All seem to have the same problem, therefore, I thought my problem is either video processing or setup. I can run Netflix which is within the Fire TV applications and that works fine. It is only the addons within XBMC that I seem to have issues with. I hope that clears it up. I can check the speed to the Fire TV if someone has a recommended app or program that I can download. Thanks
i am running everything in my house through a NetGear router. I have a Mac, an Ipad, an WiFi extender, Sonos speakers, and now this Amazon Fire TV on the network. Like I said, I ran a test on the Mac and it registered 13-15Mbps. Is there a change that I could make in the setup to help or is it something else?
It's more likely the sources but as they're pirate addons you wont get any help here.
Tried disabling MediaCodec video acceleration under XBMC settings? You need to be in 'expert' view to see this setting. This is for my movies on my NAS, but as Hitcher noted, may be your source at issue.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV problems0