Linux All video streaming addons stopped to work after system update
Hi,

I recently did dist-upgrade on my debian system and after this I noticed, that all video streaming addons stopped to work with Kodi Alpha3/Helix. I have no idea what causes this, but the same files played locally works without problems. I'm not asking about unsupported plugins, but the same happens with youtube.

So, debug logs: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=294788

Do you have any idea why doesn't it work? Actually it's not only youtube problem. I tried with other video plugins - movie url in logs is correct, when I download movie it plays with Kodi, but addon is unable to play it with the same error message like on youtube.

I suspect this behaviour is caused by some mess from deb multimedia repo, but I'm unable to figure out which update caused this. Can you help? Or probably not deb multimedia, but I need to figure out what causes this. I'm on custom Kodi build, with internal ffmpeg
I cleaned all deb multimedia stuff (was not easy) but still the same issue. It's really weird. Now I'm only on debian official libs.

Does anybody have similar issues with youtube on Debian or Ubuntu (I believe ubuntu is very similar here)
Ubuntu had this issue about 1year ago Wink
The problem is that gnutls deprecated old ciphers like RC4 by default, but many sites still use them - youtube being one of them...
Xbmc since then supports a method for _addons_ to enabled those deprecated ciphers again, so you need to fix your addons. Note that is doesn't work with curl-nss.

see https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/4489
Strange, I'm using some unofficial addons also, i believe youtube addon will be fixed but I' m not sure about the rest. This problem was introduced after system upgrade. Is there any workaroung at system level, what if I downgrade some libs (gnutls? curl? any others)? Do you know what libs should I downgrade to make eveything working as before?

I can't fix my addons, unfortunately.
its all in that PR. you need a libcurl that still allows old ciphers by default.
You are righr, after downgrade libcurl everything works again

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
All video streaming addons stopped to work after system update0