Req Scan for new contenct in "actions"
Hi.

Today we only have "update library" in the actions section of the left menu. I wish you would allow us to include "scan for new content", since it is a lot more useful and faster for TV shows.

I use a remote control do navigate on xbmc/kodi, so the right-click on a given folder/tv show is not available. My only option is "update library", which takes too long (when compared with almost-instant "scan for new content").

Thanks
I have the context menu on a key in my remote, have you tried simply binding it to an available one?
I tried, but I never got to make it work for my MCE remote (that came with my ASRock machine).

Anyway, it would be easier if we could set up new actions to the side menu (even if only "scan for new content").

Thanks.
Really? MCE remotes should use "menu" for the context menu by default. If you can link to your remote we might be able to figure out why it isn't working. We're trying to provide alternatives for many context-menu stuff, but for the time being the context menu is almost vital to the full XBMC/Kodi experience.
Use the Keymap Editor add-on to assign the Context Menu to a remote button, see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=168767

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scan for new contenct in "actions"0