Thumbnails not being extracted
I have the " Extract thumbnail and video information" option currently enabled (running latest Kodi 14 Alpha 3 on Boxee). However, whenever I go into the File list and browse movies that haven't been added to the Library, nothing but a grey square displays where the thumbnail should be. Also, none of the codec information is displayed. Is there a way I can wipe out all existing thumbnails and force Kodi to rebuild them? Does Kodi have problems extracting thumbs from certain file types?
debug log (wiki)?
Will a debug log capture anything if the thumbnails are already "there" (even though its just a grey square)? Should I do anything special to make sure the relevant events get written to the log?
hmm, that's a good question. I think if you select an item, play it, and stop, that will trigger XBMC updating stream details (codec, etc) for that video. That might capture enough info.
(2014-09-17, 04:52)Ned Scott Wrote: hmm, that's a good question. I think if you select an item, play it, and stop, that will trigger XBMC updating stream details (codec, etc) for that video. That might capture enough info.

Got it. I'll give that a shot and post the results. Thanks!
I just set up latest OpenElec on Raspberry Pi Kodi 14 and everything is working perfectly except thumbnail extraction on video files, which are not in video library.
Files are added over SMB (Windows share) are in separated folders inside folders are 10 to 30 short movies and thumbnails are not made. On Windows this part works perfeclly on OpenElec not. Videos are .avi, h264 or similar.
Also tried playing video and thumbnail still not made.

Where can I see debug log ?
Click on the link -> debug log (wiki)
and see here too, possibly same issue?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Thumbnails not being extracted0