Error2: share not available
Hi there
Having a problem with adding sources!
I used to be on xbmc frodo, macmini osx before mavericks (dont remember the name). My files are on a NAS!
When i wanted to add a source i just added the source via SMB and everything was fine!
Since then I updated to mavericks, Gotham anD added an airport express to the network!
Yesterday when i wanted to add another source i got the error 2 message! In order to add the source i couldn't use SMB but went through VOLUMES>....
Well it works but i want to know why SMB doesn't work. Is it a mavericks or gotham bug??
P.S: pn macericks i had to use a workaround because of the buffering issue (http://cammodude.blogspot.com/2013/10/os...r-smb.html)... Maybee it is du to thatHuh

Logs: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=294976

Hope somebody knows the problem

Thanks
Have you tried using the ip of the NAS rather than the name? That always works for me. Example: In place of the name My Movies you would use whatever the ip is 10.0.1.2. Just an idea.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
I went to the settings>system and there entered the ip an workgroup name... Didn't change anything! The strange part is like i said: i have some sources already added through smb and they work fine!
Actually, I was talking about Videos>Files>Add Source. Didn't realize it was possible from the System menu.

Edit: I think you misunderstand maybe. I wasn't reffering to the ip of your htpc. I was reffering to the ip of the new video source you are trying to add.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Ah ok!!! Well i am going to try!
I mean there is always another way of connecting! Like in this situation i can chose VOLUME and chose between my macmini and data folder on the NAS! But i would like to know why stuff stops working;-)
I'm not an IT type, but my understanding is that SMB isn't really a standard. Everyone has their own version and Apple has been making some changes to theirs in recent years. It's bound to break some features. I'm sure this is probably an over simplification of the problem but hopefully it's basically correct. So far I haven't had any problems with SMB connections as long as I use IP's. Just have to make sure all the IP's are static.
Yeah. I can read as much as i like about the different connection types (smb, nfs, samba...) but i cannot seem to understand the principles! Now you tell me to use my IP! How do i know i still use smb then?? Or do i have to manually write: smb://198.123.123.78....??
The popup window will have a section to pick the protocol, you will select Samba. There is a section for name, you will enter the IP number. I think there is also a section for shared folder, you will enter the name of the root folder. Example- mine looks like this: Media/XBMC/Movies/ so I entered Media for the root folder. This creates a new source in the list looks something like smb://10.0.1.20/Media.

Be glad to post a couple of screenshots after work if you want. Pictures always work better for me. Just let me know.
Well no need to bother! Thank you.
My system is working! Like i said: when adding a source i can chose between all the different protocoles and i can chose (what i did) VOLUMES! Then i can chose between MACMINI DESKTOP and DATA (which is the root of the NAS)!
I went that way!
I am just interested if the error2 is a xbmc bug or mavericks bug!
But thanks for your help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Error2: share not available0