Req TV Guide with UPnP HDHomeRun Streams
I'm not sure if there is already a way to do this, but having a TV guide that links to the UPnP streams from my HDHomeRun would be excellent. I am planning to watch TV on my OpenElec box without running an external backend and thought it would be a great addition.
(2014-09-16, 09:32)SikeMo Wrote: I'm not sure if there is already a way to do this, but having a TV guide that links to the UPnP streams from my HDHomeRun would be excellent. I am planning to watch TV on my OpenElec box without running an external backend and thought it would be a great addition.

pseudo tv live hdhomerun integration

this is a better way for strm information - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1770588

tv guide will also work - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=120377
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
What I do is I select the UPnP folder for my HDHomeRun and select queue, then save it as a playlist. Then I use the Simple IPTV PVR add-on, select the playlist, and it works with XBMC/Kodi's native live TV features (except recording, of course). I even have a downloaded EPG in xml format that downloads to my NAS that gives me the full EPG.
(2014-09-16, 17:29)bry- Wrote:
(2014-09-16, 09:32)SikeMo Wrote: I'm not sure if there is already a way to do this, but having a TV guide that links to the UPnP streams from my HDHomeRun would be excellent. I am planning to watch TV on my OpenElec box without running an external backend and thought it would be a great addition.

pseudo tv live hdhomerun integration

this is a better way for strm information - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1770588

tv guide will also work - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=120377

Meh, those are the old ways. Using UPnP is much better, because it dynamically allocates available tuners, instead of having to generate STRM files for each tuner.
(2014-09-16, 22:34)Ned Scott Wrote: What I do is I select the UPnP folder for my HDHomeRun and select queue, then save it as a playlist. Then I use the Simple IPTV PVR add-on, select the playlist, and it works with XBMC/Kodi's native live TV features (except recording, of course). I even have a downloaded EPG in xml format that downloads to my NAS that gives me the full EPG.

What do you use to pull your xmltv? Mc2xml?
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Yep, mc2xml and Schedules Direct for US programming.

I did have to edit a couple of channels in the generated .m3u playlist that XBMC made from my UPnP sources, in order to get the channel names to line up with the EPG XML file, but most channels should be fine.
(2014-09-16, 22:35)Ned Scott Wrote: Meh, those are the old ways. Using UPnP is much better, because it dynamically allocates available tuners, instead of having to generate STRM files for each tuner.

Look at the second link - its the upnp strm information for each chan.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1770588

IMPORTANT:
Sure, but generating the m3u playlist is easier for me than making individual STRM files, even if the STRM files are using a UPnP path (or in this case, they're technically using http, but it's the same virtual channel interface for either protocol).
I don't have one but you could probably just add HDHomeRun to a real PVR backend like Tvheadend or MediaPortal server for EPG, ex checkout https://github.com/tvheadend/tvheadend/pull/425 ?
That's not the point of this thread, unfortunately. My point is that I don't want to run a backend. I will try Simple IPTV PVR.
Hi Ned Scott,

I have successfully added the playlist and can watch my channels now. However I am still having difficulty importing guide info. I am using mc2xml with Schedules Direct and am pointing Simple IPTV to the xml file on my NAS. Still no guide info. Any ideas?

Regards...
It could be how Schedules Direct names the channels, but you should at least get a couple of matches. Simple IPTV will try to match channels using the name in the guide XML and the name in the playlist file, but sometimes the name from the playlist isn't quite right.

For example, HDHomeRun called Comedy Central "COMEDY-W", so that's how it was saved in the playlist

Schedules Direct's xml file has "39 COMEDYP", "39", "COMEDYP", and "Comedy Central (Pacific)".

Even if the HDHomeRun simply called it "Comedy Central", it probably would still mess up. Since the EPG file gets generated every few days I decided it was easier to edit the .m3u playlist file (should be in the userdata folder (wiki)) and correct the channels that were wrong.
It worked! Thanks very much. Now my last problem... channel icons keep disappearing.
(2014-09-16, 22:34)Ned Scott Wrote: What I do is I select the UPnP folder for my HDHomeRun and select queue, then save it as a playlist. Then I use the Simple IPTV PVR add-on, select the playlist, and it works with XBMC/Kodi's native live TV features (except recording, of course). I even have a downloaded EPG in xml format that downloads to my NAS that gives me the full EPG.

@ned, Can you please elaborate on how exactly you do this? On what type of machine or client?

"What I do is I select the UPnP folder for my HDHomeRun and select queue, then save it as a playlist."

Thanks a lot.
You just make a playlist from the UPnP folder within Kodi by using the basic playlist (wiki) feature.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Guide with UPnP HDHomeRun Streams0