Thumbnail folder currently 234GB
I've tried the thumbnails remover plugin from maxim, but it doesn't work for my setup (and a few others who have slight configuration changes) so is there a way to tell xbmc not to use over 10GB for thumbs or for it to purge all thumbs that are not directly linked to items in the library?

Or do I have to delete and red crape my library again?
Read here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=158373
Yea, I tried that previously and if was a no go for me Sad
The only thing that worked well was the plugin "thumbnail cleaner" but for some reason that no longer works with my configuration.

Does xbmc just let the cache grow and grow without any concern? If It has no ability to control it'd own cache that really interesting. Wouldn't that cause crashes on devices like Apple TV and iPads with low space available if not maintained separately by the user using third-party products that also are not cross platform compatible?
maybe you should fix your configuration........... just sayin. the texture cache maintenance works fine and dandy.
Nothing wrong with my config?
It's just ... Configured differently to yours Smile

By configuration, I mean that my settings (my data is stored on a network) some "3rd party" addons don't like that, but that is exactly as xbmc is expecting it to be.

My setup is exactly within xbmc recommended and supported specifications. It is setup in exactly the way xbmc would expect when using a NAS and satellite systems.

If the texture cash continues to grow at the rate it is, I personally think that is an oversite.
For example, if I open a folder of raw files that contains 64gb of raw images (just to quickly look at 1) xbmc will generate thumbs for all 64gb (or the ones I choose to open if set up this way) and leave these thumbs in the thumbs folder.

Every time I launch an app and search/look/scroll for videos/music etc online, every thumb generated is stored in cache. So 3 years ago, when my daughter searched for cat videos on YouTube and "what does the fox say" all the images from those searches are still there sucking up space?

That seems like it's not functioning well IMO.
IMO it should purge/flush thumbs with user interaction if needed.
Purge all images that not directly related to something currently scraped into the library.

Even albums I have removed from my library still have images sitting in the thumbs cache...
If my opinion of how things are supposed to function Is slightly different to yours, so be it ... Just saying Smile
submit some patches then, they will be more then welcome.

"3rd party" addons huh, that will do it.

here's an idea, wipe your thumbnail folder and your texture#.db and have it regenerate your thumbnails
Eh! Are you for real?
Pointless first post, point less second post... I'm sure about a year go the debs stated the "patch it yourself" mentality was not one of any use!

This was not a complaint, it was merely stating the the 3rd party app that we host here, isn't functioning for all users to the multitude of configurations available.

Now, wouldn't it make sense, considering that there is texture/thumbs maintenance available for cross platform, that xbmc perhaps look at implementing this, or we test and see if we can find out exactly what the plugins made by our members don't lime about NAS storage.

If the absolutely best you have to offer, is... That above. Man you need to take a long hard look at yourself and what you are doing here any for what reasons?

If you have nothing to contribute to this thread, then switch off, talk to someone, look at another thread. Don't get wound up when some of us try start a discussion on ways to fix (what I would consider) a possible issue for some configuration of xbmc.

And next time you try to post a reply, make it cool bro Wink not that silly child like mentality above. You remind me of my neighbours 5yo LMAO!

Oh...
You want me to regenerate over 100GB of legitimate files for my devices... Oh ok then! That want take too long.. lol
you like talking. i can see why your configuration is "different" then the majority, its because you are different. not in a good way.

forgot to to type lol at the end of my last post.

edit again: just noticed the "Not so grateful user" tag under your username. WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT!
I'm not sure what you're doing... I have 36TB in custom NAS arrays holding my library and it's nearly full, and I still only have a 2.3GB Thumbnails folder with all the fanart and actors images also...To get up to 200G I'd be upwards of a quarter of a Peta-byte of media assuming a linear chart...I'd figure out what (probably a bad addon) is bloating the folder first and foremost.
So how about explaining why the texturecache script didn't work rather than blow past it looking for more solutions - maybe you're using it wrong? BTW, other than the addon which does something similar, your only other option is to nuke the folder/database so getting the script/addon working is in your interests.

So far you've provided zero information about your configuration or why stuff that is known to work elsewhere isn't working you.

If you're talking about viewing Pictures, then yes, these can bloat your cache. Pruning your cache with the script should then fix that. Schedule it to run regularly and your problem is history.

Also, are you using Path Substitution to share a single Thumbnails folder between multiple clients, because that is not and never has been a recommended or supported configuration.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Thumbnail folder currently 234GB0