The 'ISO' Question
OK, I've done a ton of custom work with XBMC to get it happy, in the end I have the sweetest and honestly such a simple solution, for ISO use in external programs. Lots of people have done something similar, etc.

However, the one gotcha yet is the menu. How in the world do I turn the menu off?

I.E. I hit an ISO trigger, it goes to a useless menu (in this case) and says: Select playback item.
1) Play Main Title: (0)
2) Select from all titles
3) Show Blu-ray menus

No matter what you do it is going to do the same thing. It is a pointless query. Also if I select a recently added one at the top of the main list, it doesn't do this FWIW. I figure it's somewhere in the Confluence skin to tweak... But I'll be darned if I can find it. I just need it to GO. No matter which mode is chosen, it's going to play in PowerDVD (or pick your favorite 3rd party player).
"No matter what you do it is going to do the same thing. It is a pointless query."

Really?

VERY handy to have a menu. 'Select from all titles'. Some iso titles have an 'Extended Version' for example. If you playback the 'Play Main Title', you won't be watching the Extended Version.

Fwiw, I use automated external player(s) occasionally but find myself using the KODI player exclusively now that it can render my 4k 3D 3840 X 1600 7.1 DTS HD Master rips without a single hiccup. My thanks to all the devs who made this possible.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
There is a code change pending inclusion that will allow the Select Playback item menu to be turned off, it's uncertain however whether the change will make it for the next release as we've just passed the official cut off date, so it will be up to the release managers whether it will be included for Helix.
(2014-09-16, 21:51)brazen1 Wrote: "No matter what you do it is going to do the same thing. It is a pointless query."

Really?

VERY handy to have a menu. 'Select from all titles'. Some iso titles have an 'Extended Version' for example. If you playback the 'Play Main Title', you won't be watching the Extended Version.

Fwiw, I use automated external player(s) occasionally but find myself using the KODI player exclusively now that it can render my 4k 3D 3840 X 1600 7.1 DTS HD Master rips without a single hiccup. My thanks to all the devs who made this possible.

Well yes, really...

1) it runs to an external player which is going to simply start the video regardless of the ISO layout.
- This also means that no matter which of the three items are clicked, it does the EXACT SAME THING. So the above statement is a literal truth. It is a pointless stopover. Just go.
2) My ISOs are stripped down with only the best video and audio track and all subtitle tracks. I removed all of the other garbage to save room. I don't need 20 minutes of previews and 4 versions of the movie clogging up my server.
3) The internal player doesn't work right. At least not in version 13. I use released versions only.
- The internal player doesn't automatically select the right subtitles. For example, Watching Star Wars - Episode 4 (the original), it has to select the second subtitle track to properly see the dialogue, for example, when Greedo confronts Han in the Cantina. The external players know that is the expected default track. Sometimes the first, sometimes the second, sometimes third, etc. Changes with each movie. Sometimes none. The Internal player couldn't handle this, external players have no issues of which I've used 4 external players in testing.
- If they fixed this finally in the newer whatever-name version 14, great. But I won't see it till it's actually released. Plus I do a lot of external program functions anyhow since the only thing that can use the cable-card DVR/SDV/encrypted channels setup is Media Center (ugg).
4) I even have issues with the internal player studdering. Ever so microscopically, most people probably wouldn't even see it. The wife and I do. And it's not the hardware. i7-3770k OCed to 4.4GHz, GTX 690, six SSDs, etc. So I use MPC-HC for everything else. I suspect XBMC has an issue with > 60Hz and I'm running 144Hz out to the monitor. This problem doesn't happen with everything on the bigger TV with HDMI (limited to 60). External players don't have an issue though so that's what I use also.

Regardless of all that, I don't want to use the internal player. More-so, I don't want to see that menu. So if you don't have anything helpful to say about possible methods to remove said menu... I asked a simple question and you're trying to tell me to use it differently. It works just peachy, I just want to remove a menu. I've removed a ton of other menus without an issue, just not this one yet.

For me, it is a TOTALLY USELESS menu in every respect of the term. 36TB of ISO's, not one of them 1) has a menu 2) has multiple versions of a title, 3) works any different, even WITH the internal player. Every button goes to the exact same thing every time. So even WITH the internal player, I want to remove the menu... I strip down my ISOs cause a 45G disk becomes a 25G movie... Talking the type of collection I have, the disks take up a whole bedroom alone. But every Gig I can save means I can make my server investment go further. Not to mention less junk. Click and watch. As simple as it gets. That's what my parents and the kid's grandparents need. It's bad enough my TV doesn't work like theirs, better or not. They don't need more options. Simple simple simple.

(2014-09-16, 22:06)jjd-uk Wrote: There is a code change pending inclusion that will allow the Select Playback item menu to be turned off, it's uncertain however whether the change will make it for the next release as we've just passed the official cut off date, so it will be up to the release managers whether it will be included for Helix.

GAH, so one of the menus that I can't disable? Poop. But thanks for the information.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The 'ISO' Question0