Change the paths in sources.xml automatically?
Hello,

I use XBMC in too clients(Windows and Android) which share the same sources.xml(on NAS).

I add new sources on the Windows client, and under Windows the paths are stored in the sources.xml like:

"Y:\Volume_1\Movie1\"

This way, the Android client can not read the path, cause there is no Drive Y:\

A workaround that paths work on both clients is to change the paths by hand to something like this:

"smb://192.xxx.xxx.xx/Volume_1/Movie1/"

My question is, is it possible to tell XBMC under Windows to store the paths as above?
yes. yes you can. just make sure you are sharing the folder on the windows side obviously.

obviously you will need to re-scrape all the info because the path has changed, unless you export your database to seperate files for a quicker transition to the new path.
What do you mean with "sharing the folder on the windows side"?

What I have tried is add new sources under windows not via the windows networkdrive, but over smb....

Problem is, in the XBMC(windows) file dialog the NAS is not listed when I choose smb.......which I don't understand cause XBMC finds the smb paths when I change them by hand in sources.xml
Sorry didn't know you were referring to a NAS. So yes, just make sure the NAS has the proper permissions set up to allow access (which apparently you have done) and when you go to add the source, instead of clicking the browse button on the add video source screen :

Click or hit enter on the "None" part of the screen and manually type in the location of your NAS's folder starting with smb://:

Click done, name the source, and click ok. Done.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change the paths in sources.xml automatically?0