Startup screen== Movies
Hi,

is it possible to add "Movies" to the startup screen selction?
(not sure if this refers to kodi itself or the addon skin)

greez
I presume by startup screen you mean Menu bar?

To add a "Movies" menu you need to scan a folder where your movies are located into the library.

Go to: Videos/add videos... Select the folder containing movies and confirm this folder contains movies. The folder will be scanned and the information/covers will be scraped from the scraper of your choice.

A "Movies" menu will automatically appear on the menu bar. It's the same process for "TV Shows" and "Music Videos".
i mean the startup "folder" where kodi ends after booting.

under system> appearence you can choose different options like music, tv, settings etc. only movies is missing.
Sorry yes, this requires changing a line in the startup.xml for the skin you are using.

Find this line:
Code:
<onfocus>ReplaceWindow($INFO[System.StartupWindow])</onfocus>

and change it to:
Code:
<onfocus>ReplaceWindow(MyVideoLibrary,movietitles)</onfocus>
(2014-09-16, 23:39)handsbup Wrote: i mean the startup "folder" where kodi ends after booting.

under system> appearence you can choose different options like music, tv, settings etc. only movies is missing.

This must be a bug or oversight seeing as TV is listed, best report it.
tnx,
that did the trick,
at least for the confluence skin.
for transparancy! i cant find the option.
I'm not sure about the transparency skin, but in Confluence Custom Mod the line is:

Code:
<onfocus>ReplaceWindow(Home)</onfocus>

Look out for the <onfocus> tags or paste your startup.xml here
@Hitcher, so this is a bug? I was looking for it in confluence and couldn't find it. Otherwise likely would have submitted a fix. Any tips why TV section shows up and Movies dont?
(2014-09-18, 01:35)uNiversal Wrote: @Hitcher, so this is a bug? I was looking for it in confluence and couldn't find it. Otherwise likely would have submitted a fix. Any tips why TV section shows up and Movies dont?

No idea, it'll be in XBMC's code as it's not controlled by a skin.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Startup screen== Movies0