Release Video Node Editor
(2014-10-01, 23:46)zag Wrote: Thread moved

Looking forward to this being on the official repo!

Thanks for the move Smile

Actually, concerning the official repo (and as a Kodi Team Member, you may be able to answer Wink) as stated in to OP it uses a completely unofficial extension to the parent nodes index.xml file to manage rules applying to all nodes within. Is something so unofficial likely to be accepted onto the repo, or am I better looking at alternative ways to accomplish this?
Well in general we would always like things like this to use normal ways of interfacing with XBMC.

Martijn, is probably best to answer that question as he looks over the repo submissions.
Can i also do this for audio. I have custom nodes in my audio collection that i would like to browse in xbmc/kodi. Would like the custom node to be listed in the same page with genres, artists, and albums.
(2014-10-02, 21:19)kiddwid44 Wrote: Can i also do this for audio. I have custom nodes in my audio collection that i would like to browse in xbmc/kodi. Would like the custom node to be listed in the same page with genres, artists, and albums.

Kodi doesn't support custom audio nodes, so it can't be done.
@Unfledged Very Cool! Thanks
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
is it considered in the future
(2014-10-02, 23:21)Lunatixz Wrote: @Unfledged Very Cool! Thanks

Smile

(2014-10-02, 23:38)kiddwid44 Wrote: is it considered in the future

No idea, sorry. Might be worth having a search of the feature suggestion forum and, if there isn't an existing request, making one.
Unfortunately JMarshall never got around to working on the music node side of things.

Its complicated by the fact that the code is totally different but hopefully someone will pick it up in the future.

This is the original Video Node work if anyone did want to look at music Wink

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/903
Thanks to everyone whose tried the script. Beta 2 is now available - see the first post for details. Assuming no major issues arise, this will be it before pushing to the repo.
got an exception, you have to check if returnVal is not None before decoding. (line 1112, rules.py) Smile
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Fixed on git, cheers Phil.
I think there is a problem with kodi 14.0 new version that uses new path for installation and appdata. I can't edit original categories (lbel, position etc etc) in that version and it doesn't read the rules i set (Even if it sets them well)
Any errors in the log?

Edit: Forget the log Smile

OK, reproduced this on a VM - it looks like the xbmcvfs.exists (which checks whether the custom video nodes exist) is failing, so the script is re-copying the default nodes over the top. So, any changes that are made are being instantly overwritten by the default nodes. I remember seeing something about changes to file/directory handling on Windows having been committed in the last few days - it looks like this is either a direct or unintended consequence of that. I'll have a look to switching to Pythons OS functions.

Edit again: Switching to os.path.exists seems to have worked. Changes now on git. If you could test it and let me know if it works for you too Smile
IT works. Thanks Smile
Thanks to everyone who helped to test this. It's now available on the Kodi repo.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Node Editor0