Release Video Node Editor
This didn't work for me in Kodi (Helix). I tried to create a new node under musicvideo. It wouldn't open up when going (confluence) video -- library -- musicvideo -- covers (covers is the new node). I looked at the debug, and it was saying directory not found. Based on that I was looking at the xml file that was created and it was:

Code:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<node order="9">
    <label>Covers</label>
    <content>musicvideos</content>
    <rule field="title" operator="contains">
        <value>over]</value>
    </rule>
</node>

From looking at the wiki, I suspected the problem was not setting the node type attribute so it was defaulting to "folder". Based on that I tried adding type="filter" (seems like this is what is required?)
so it is:

Code:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<node order="9" type="filter">
    <label>Covers</label>
    <content>musicvideos</content>
    <rule field="title" operator="contains">
        <value>over]</value>
    </rule>
</node>

and this works. Or it could be I wasn't using the addon correctly (it isn't obvious to me what the minimum steps are in the addon to create a valid node).

scott s.
(2014-10-23, 03:53)scott967 Wrote: From looking at the wiki, I suspected the problem was not setting the node type attribute so it was defaulting to "folder".

Thanks for the report. You're absolutely right, I was a bit over-zealous with the code tidying, and removed the type being set to filter when setting a content for the node. This has now been fixed on git (link in first post). Smile
(2014-10-23, 06:13)Unfledged Wrote: This has now been fixed on git (link in first post). Smile

fixed.

scott s.
Thanks to everyone who has used this add-on, but please note this add-on is no longer supported and will shortly be removed from git.
(2014-12-13, 06:12)Unfledged Wrote: Thanks to everyone who has used this add-on, but please note this add-on is no longer supported and will shortly be removed from git.

What's the story?

I can understand if you dont want to support it, but removing the code is a little drastic.
I'm trying to set up a new node that is basically a copy of the TV Shows one, excluding the children genre, so it filters out all my daughter's shows. Unfortunately, whatever I try and do, when I try to access the node, nothing happens.

I've set up the Titles node, within the new TV Shows parent node as follows:

Content: TV Shows
Order: Title (ascending)
Rule: Genres does not contain Children (though I have also tried "is not", neither work)

I'm accessing this new node from the Videos section on the main menu, and I have tried adding it as a new main menu item (using Aeon Nox). No joy.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!
Hello!
I have not yet tested your script but I wonder if it would be possible with it to simulate the "movie sets" option available for movies on TV shows.
Is this possible or not? Is it limited to menus and submenus of home screen?
Jusr came across this add-on while trying to figure out how to make a custom sub-,menu that would lead to a list of playlists. Figured out how to make the sub-menu option from the node but for the life of me I can't figure out how to create the proper list of playlist in a specific folder. I've tried using a sub-folder to the main video playlist folder but no dice. any advice?
Does anyone know of a replacement for the functionality that this script provided?

Does anyone happen to have the fixes that were done post 1.0.1 but before the code was removed from github?

Has a fork been made that is receiving fixes?

I've just stated using but have found it very powerful but do have an issue in that filtering on things like Genres does not work. The error from the log is shown below. This is with having a rule set for Genres = Documentary. Note: This is the same problem Rumik has above.

10:20:22 T:140616634767104 ERROR: SQL: Undefined MySQL error: Code (1064)
Query: SELECT * FROM tvshowview WHERE (())
10:20:22 T:140616634767104 ERROR: GetTvShowsByWhere failed
10:20:22 T:140619238348672 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting library://video/cookie/z.xml/
10:20:22 T:140619238348672 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(library://video/cookie/z.xml/) failed

Thanks for any help/info.
phil65 has the repo on github, but it appears to be equal to 1.0.1 and anything since then is not included.

scott s.
GoodAfternoon
i added custom fields to most of my mp3 files using a tag editor such as the one in foobar2000. Would like to know if this addon is able to see these custom fields and if im able to create a custom node for them in kodi?

example
artists
track
album
album artist
(producer) <---------- Added Custom Field
Thread closed, please use the new thread

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=224512&page=2

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Node Editor0