MX2 & EXTERNAL HD'S
Hi all, very simple question i guess....

Is it ok to run multiple hd's on one box?? I'm running a Gbox Mx2 Midnight with a 2tb hd attached (which is apparently the max size), do any problems occure if i add other drives??
Could i add a 2tb drive to each usb without problem, as long as the route is set to each drive it will pick the movies up and play ok??

thanks all

Pablo
u can have a try ....
acemaxtec
not exactly the answer i was hoping for to be honest
Common sense would be to go on google and do some research because this has been answered more times than I care to think about.

But to be nice, yes it will probably work. In particular it will work with HDD that have their own power supply bricks, but unlikely with ones that are just USB powered as I doubt Mx2's power supply can handle all of that.
well my friend you could say go on google and do some research regarding 90% of the questions on this forum, so lets close the forum, nobody ask questions, and all use google. wtf?
And "probably" isnt the answer i was looking for, i was hoping somebody had done it, and KNEW what they were talking about before i went out and bout another hd.

For anyone else who has any idea, they are seagate 2tb self powered drives.
Thanks.
If you cared to notice I did answer your question. But instead you chose to be rude to me and anyone else who at least gave you the common courtesy of replying.

You tried to ask a very specific question even though in reality it makes no difference or sense. If they are self powered of course they will work. If they were not self powered then it varies depending on the system and the required power of the USB enclosure.
i purely wanted to know if the 2tb limit on the box was overall or per drive.
and i wasnt being rude. but "u can have a try" and "it will probably work" arent really helpful if im gonna go and buy a hd to find actually it doesnt. I need to know either it will or it wont.
Quote:well my friend you could say go on google and do some research regarding 90% of the questions on this forum

That would be heaven. Then people would only use the forum for new questions :P
Same problem here.

Amiko A3 running Jellybean 4.2.2. I can access the drive using any other file explorer, but I can't add the location as a source inside of Kodi 14.2 (ARM).

As others have stated, this seems to be an issue that many search for
Looking for a solution.
(2014-09-17, 18:50)Pablo99 Wrote: i purely wanted to know if the 2tb limit on the box was overall or per drive....

Hi Pablo99.
Admittedly, your initial post did not make that distinction between global or per drive. That might have helped avoid confusion / frustration.
mhalfadl might have the answer for you in this post.

I did something similar:
  1. System -> File Manager -> Add Source
  2. Browse to Root File System -> /storage -> /external_storage -> /hdx
Nod Now I have hdx listed in the sources and could easily select it to add videos / music.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MX2 & EXTERNAL HD'S0