Win XBMC on Win8 will not wake up HDD on Samba share
Hi,

I have recently moved away from a ATV2 w/XBMC accessing my NAS which contains a set of hard disk drives with media on them.

I now have a fully fledged windows 8 HTPC with XBMC 13 installed but this is the problem i have:

When my hard drives on the NAS are sleeping and i try to access a movie or TV show through the library view - it will not wake up the hard drives and gives me the 'remove from library prompt'.

However when i go to Videos > Files > then access the share it seems to wake the hard drives and then i can access everything using both methods.

My ATV2 worked fine - any ideas how i can solve this?

Thanks
Any ideas folks?
I had this same issue. I ended up creating a batch script to mount network locations as network drives and put it in my Start Menu->startup folder so it always runs at startup. This will wake up the drives whenever you startup your HTPC and they will be ready to use in XBMC.

Here's the script:
Code:
@echo off
net use z: "\\network\location" /user:username password
You can add as many network drives as you like, just make sure the drive letters are available.
You only need the '/user:username password' if your locations are password protected and you want to auto-login.
Save as .bat and place in C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on Win8 will not wake up HDD on Samba share0