What in Gods Name ?
Shocked 
Hi there XBMC programers.

Firstly, don't get angry, Just expressing opinions and ideas.

I stopped updating back at XBMC 12.3 Frodo, so far in my opinion, the best of the best.

After this, its all gone down hill.

I used to keep up with nightly builds, and you expect things to go wrong, but after 12.3 stable, if I would jump out for a minute to look at the web then try to go back, no no no, XBMC would crash. I left messages on here about it but no one seemed to be able to figure out why. OhWell...

After this i would log in from time to time and try an update, but things kept changing that i didnt like, my prob, not yours i know.

Update command moved, edit title gone, all sorts of anoying things.

But, I thought, I'll give it another try today.

Gotham is missing features i like, such as edit title in the menu. I cant find some things when just using my remote, not as good as 12.3

Kodi, What the, Sounds like a kid who gets beat up at school alot. Helix, a much better name all round, what the hell is a kodi?, but also missing edit title and so many other commands from 12.3.

And why still is there no way to name my movie with a code like DC for Directors Cut, TC Theatrical Cut, UR Unrated, FC Final Cut, EC Extended Cut.
Any time I add any prefix to my movies, the scrapers miss them and i have to add the movie manualy. Which is ok for 1 or 2, but when had to rebuild my entire library (2500 Titles) about 400 have gone missing, which i now have to go back in and add manualy.

Find the movie in the video section as it wont show up in the movie section, then go to the movie section and edit the title as you cant edit the title in the video section. Hmmmmm

Anyway, Ive had my little whine about things, hope you can address some.

Thanks, and As I said please dont be angry, Theyre just little things that are bugging me, But overall I'd be lost without XBMC 12.3

Cheers
Nothing missing in Gotham that was in Frodo, for sure some things are done different so may require some relearning if a long time user but that's part of the software evolving, for example Edit Title is still there but has been moved down a level, so you need to select Manage... then Edit Title.
why don't you take the time to add all the directors cuts theatrical cuts etc on the web sites that Kodi uses to scrap this info if it's not there how do you expect it to find the infoHuhHuh?

as you can see from this quick search only one edition of the movie exists https://www.themoviedb.org/search?query=blade+runner yet we know there is more
scrapers should ignore anything in braces, so simply name your videos "Foo (DC)" and you should be goold I think.
Quote:And why still is there no way to name my movie with a code like DC for Directors Cut, TC Theatrical Cut, UR Unrated, FC Final Cut, EC Extended Cut.

In addition to what da-anda said, there are also ideas going around about a future feature to handle multiple versions of the same video where different cuts and versions would have a lot more support.

Quote:Find the movie in the video section as it wont show up in the movie section, then go to the movie section and edit the title as you cant edit the title in the video section. Hmmmmm

This bothers me too, but I hear it isn't a trivial fix. It does seem to be something on people's radar, though.

Quote:Kodi
I don't want to get into it here. Most everything that can be said about this has been said here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=201166
JJD-UK.... Thanks for that answer. I do understand that the software changes, and for the most part for the best of course. It just gets tricky when you are so used to something, you go there, and some command is gone. I guess I will load gotham on another machine and give it another try huh. Im running Frodo on 6 Machines at home so im sure I can try it again oon one of them, thanks for your input.

ORBY... Are you suggesting to add for example Blade Runner - DC or Blade Runner - TC as also named as on the movie data base, so the scraper would find them? I guess you could but then of course, the scraper would only find it still as one movie. Or do you mead adding them to the Movie Database as a completley seperate movie. I guess that could also be done, but a mighty might big job, I have 404 different versions of movies, be it - DC directors Cut - EC extended cut - TC theatrical cut - UR unrated - OP original print - SE special edition. (thats it off the top of my head) but to add them as seperate movies, Would the movie database be impressed adding an entire new movie for 30seconds of film of a unicorn for the - FC final cut (theres another, thanks blade runner). But if ive got you right it is an interesting thought. Thanks for the input.

DA-ANDA... I used to have these codes in braces, (DC) (EC) (TC) (UR) (OP) (SE) (FC) etc. "Blade Runner (TC) - 1982" however the scapers would just skip over them and they all had to be added manually. With the help of someone here I had added an advanced settings.xml which would read the way i had my movies named in the directory, ie "Name (DC) - Year". Again the scraper would read the movie and year, but if it got to (DC) (EC) etc, it wouldnt recognise the movie and skip it. So 2 Days ago with the help of a bulk rename utility I renamed every movie and folder in my movie directory. (Imagine doing that manually, omg), Anyway, they are now in the format "Blade Runner - TC (1982)" for a movie with a tag or "Blade Runner (1982)" for a movie without a tag.
I think I digress here anyway. Even if the scraper ignored the additional characters and added the movie, I would just end up with two movies in the list the same, (or 3 for blade runner) with no tag to distinguish them, or a movie in the list without its correct title, example say, Goodfellas - SE, which i would of course have to edit the title manually to add the tag. Whicj I am in the process of doing right now after rebuilding the database. Doing individually as i add is annoying, but doing 400 at once is a real pain. Thanks for your thoughts.
And Ned Scott.... I am so glad to hear there is going to be something in the future. Of course I will have to look at upgrading again in the future, but omg rebuilding this database again. It takes me almost a week to get it all right again everytime i do it. So as you can imagine I am not up to trying new versions anymore all that often. For some reason, when i used to update every few days using the nightly builds, the database would work just fine with the new version. but at one stage if i changed versions, the database would lose a few of the movies, for example the last 2 or 3 weeks worth of additions. which was weird, and when XBMC started to crash when i would jump out to check something on the net, that was the last straw. I did report this, but no one else seemed to reproduce the error, It was there though i assure you.
Editing the title, yes so painful, you would think it would be a real easy fix to add it to the other menu, alas, im not a programmer and dont see how it would be hard. I used to be able to program 25 years ago when i started on my TRS-80 (LOL), and I must admit i have thought about trying my hand again, just because of XBMC.

And for the Last, KODI, hahahahahahahaha, I am so glad that im not the only one who hates the name. So a forum full of people in a closed thread say. Really it just doesnt sound like a piece of technology. As I said HELIX the build name, just sounds better for example. My Media Centre comprises Panasonic 3d 55" connected to a Marantz 7.1 Reciever with Hand Built Speakers running Helix media centre. Sounds Good. Running KODI, omg sounds like the Sound 4 or AKAI part of the system. Bahahahaha. Please not Kodi.

Thanks for your input, it is much appreciated.
@OzDrDj - have you thought about using one of the various Library management tools to manage your files and create NFOs for you? This way you only have to do the work once and can reuse/reimport all that stuff (even your custom titles), even if your database got corrupted and you have to start from scratch. As a starter you could also export current Kodi database to NFOs (choose "export as separate files").
(2014-09-18, 04:41)OzDrDj Wrote: JJD-UK.... Thanks for that answer. I do understand that the software changes, and for the most part for the best of course. It just gets tricky when you are so used to something, you go there, and some command is gone. I guess I will load gotham on another machine and give it another try huh. Im running Frodo on 6 Machines at home so im sure I can try it again oon one of them, thanks for your input.
There was a tidy up carried out on the Context menu as it was felt it was getting too long, so anything which wasn't truely contextual in that it was a action to be carry out on only the selected item was moved, as part of this the Manage option was introduced for actions that should only have to be carried out once per item when they are being added to database, or at least carried out very infrequent.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What in Gods Name ?1