Win Need help how to sort TV/Anime from movies?
Ok so I was a bit of an idiot before I got into the whole ember scene Smile

My issue is, I have all of my Anime TV/TV shows mixed in with my movies, and now that I have a legit XBMC rig with ember fully configured and working great, I need to know the easiest way to sort them apart from my TV shows, as automatically as possible Smile Just in case there's something out there in ember or elsewhere that can do this easily....

So I can eventually have them all in a TV folder for proper ember setup and all that.

So... any ideas?
I know your pain - I remembered how I organized my Bleach show folder (before: all episodes on one folder, after: split up the show in 15 season folder...) . What I did was to look up on TVDB , i.e. http://thetvdb.com/index.php?tab=series&id=74796 go to each season, see how many episodes are part of each season and renamed my whole show to reflect this structure. Its a bit time consuming but I used BulkRenamer to quickly rename episodes and move them to season folder I created. After that I let Ember scan my show folder and scrape the information. I don't think theres a way to automate the progress for anime shows? Problem is anime shows come with abolute numbering (i.e. Show.Episode 001 -297) while Ember uses TVDB as source which uses season concept for anime show.
Yes. I have it pretty much taken care of I think so far. I just went and did it all manually.
Now, going to import them into ember and see how that all works out.....
Maybe you can use therenamer it has many options to rename episodes and it creates the tv show folder structure.
In therenamer I can use the absolute order from thetvdb and it renames my anime shows perfectly after that with the right episode format thernamer moves the files to my anime folder.
And then I use ember to create my info files. Its all automatically.Blush
Ok the TheRenamer tool looks indeed promising - I will try that on my next batch of animes Smile
I'm a fan of therenamer. It's got a lot of flexibility on the options.

However, you still have to have the shows in some kind of reasonable formatting already for it to work. Sometimes if you already have to rename part of some files, then you can include some of the changes. For instance, you have a show whose name doesn't match what is in tvdb that goes for one season. In that case, you could copy correct name.S01E and then just keep the show number and anything else after that in the title. Then, you can run it through therenamer and it will fix the rest of it for you. For anime that are absolute ordered and more than one season, it is usually easier to just not bother renaming them all. I mostly did it manually (basically what I described before, not getting the episode names). It sucks.
I love filebot its easy to use and powerfull as hell can do almost all you can think of

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need help how to sort TV/Anime from movies?0