Best box for under £200
Hi guys, new user on here but an XBMC for the last couple of years.

Looking at picking up a new box. I started out with a Raspberry Pi before moving onto an OUYA then the Matricom Gbox Midnight MX2.

Was wondering what everyone would recommend as the best box available? From what I can see the Chromebox and Fire HD get great reviews on here. I had also spoken to one of the guys at StarboxMX who said they are about to launch a quad core box with 2gb of RAM (couldn't tell you any other specs just yet).

But just wondered what people on here would suggest in terms of speed, quality and price. Airplay would be a bonus (was using Airtight on both the Gbox and OUYA but this only let me airplay audio).

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: This provides a bit more info on the new Starbox

https://www.starboxmx.com/androidtvbox-s805/
Chromebox w/FLIRC

Even the dual-core Celeron is plenty powerful for smooth interaction with XBMC. I direct boot mine using OpenELEC and it is awesome.

I wouldn't consider another setup except for a Raspberry Pi in a little used room.
Chromebox with OpenElec - though you could go for a PS3 Bluetooth Blu-ray remote rather than FLIRC if you want to. That avoids an external dongle, and allows you to site the Chromebox out of line-of-sight (or VESA mount it to the back of a display)
Celeron 1037U and J1900 HTPC with OpenELEC is very good, J1900 is very smart, Quad core 2GHz Burst 2.41GHz 300M WiFi 2G RAM 8G SSD Preinstall Openelec XBMC, price less than US $180
HTPC|Mini PC|Palm-Sized PC
If you are looking for a step up then move from android. kellyshaw set up would be good for personally i would go for larger capacity than 8Gb. You can get 64Gb SSD for £30. The whole set up would cost less than £150. For £200 you may even get
an i3 set up
This is a little ugly but how about this mini itx for £169:98?
http://www.ebuyer.com/643322-zoostorm-de...-7260-8003
(2014-09-18, 08:03)kellyshaw Wrote: Celeron 1037U and J1900 HTPC with OpenELEC is very good, J1900 is very smart, Quad core 2GHz Burst 2.41GHz 300M WiFi 2G RAM 8G SSD Preinstall Openelec XBMC, price less than US $180

Celeron 1037U has the 24p bug though. Minor for some, significant for others.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best box for under £2000