Linux xbmc no longer scrapes media
Ok this has really stumped me. I have been using xbmc off and on for the last year but I've recently found the htpc that i wanted to use it on so for the last two weeks I've been setting up everything the way i want and until now it has worked flawlessly. xbmc no longer works with any internet function including scraping movies, streaming content, or downloading add-ons. However xbmc does report that its connected to the internet. This seems to have happened out of the blue.
I have reinstalled xbmc and started from scratch yet the issue persists. xbmc is powered by Arch Linux and is run as a standalone service. If i stop the service and use ping from console i can reach a server indicating that i have internet. All other devices on my lan are able to connect to the internet as well. Here is a link to my log with debuging and curl verbosity turned on: http://hastebin.com/upegoniyad.md. Thanks in advance for any adivice on this issue. Let me know if more info is needed to help troubleshoot the issue.
Hi,

When you say you can ping a server, is that a server on your local lan or an external host somewhere?
Do you ping an ip-address or a hostname?

If it's a problem with dns resolution connecting to ip-adress will work but not hostnames.
Hi thanks for the speedy reply. When i use ping i always ping google.com just to ensure that i have a working connection. Since my post i have found that if i use nscd.service (name service caching deamon) it temporarily restores the functionality .Im still researching how this deamon actually works. But as I've stated its a temporary fix. Within several minutes I have to restart the deamon again. I have never encountered something like this.
I have the same problem with my HTPC, until this week was working without problem.

However, now, it looks the network is not working from XBMC but the network is working without problem.

I have installed 13.2 on Arch Linux.
Same here, just installed arch linux via the AUI script and xbmc doesn't connect to fetch files, says it's connected to the internet though, very strange, doesn't happen in windoze, yes very sorry for mentioning windoze, makes me shudder.
I DON'T DO CABLE.
(2014-09-19, 01:36)Pednick Wrote: Same here, just installed arch linux via the AUI script and xbmc doesn't connect to fetch files, says it's connected to the internet though, very strange, doesn't happen in windoze, yes very sorry for mentioning windoze, makes me shudder.

The curious, in my case, it is the network is completely functional from Arch. However, in Kodi (XBMC ) the addons (only look to work is weather and lyrics but I don't know they use cache) don't work the network.
I have the same problem !
I was able to update my library yesterday but today it's a no go. I did an upgrade of my system (as i do everyday, i use debian jessie/sid on testing), didn't think upgrading packages would break that...

Code:
18:52:43 T:140494072101184    INFO: easy_aquire - Created session to http://thetvdb.com
18:52:48 T:140493386139392   DEBUG: DllAvUtilBase: Using libavutil system library
18:52:48 T:140493386139392   DEBUG: DllAvFormat: Using libswresample system library
18:52:53 T:140493386139392   DEBUG: DllAvUtilBase: Using libavutil system library
18:52:53 T:140493386139392   DEBUG: DllAvFormat: Using libswresample system library
18:52:53 T:140494072101184   ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: Timeout was reached(28)
18:52:53 T:140494072101184   ERROR: CCurlFile::CReadState::Connect, didn't get any data from stream.
18:52:53 T:140494072101184   ERROR: Run: Unable to parse web site
(2014-09-19, 12:06)momaku Wrote:
(2014-09-19, 01:36)Pednick Wrote: Same here, just installed arch linux via the AUI script and xbmc doesn't connect to fetch files, says it's connected to the internet though, very strange, doesn't happen in windoze, yes very sorry for mentioning windoze, makes me shudder.

The curious, in my case, it is the network is completely functional from Arch. However, in Kodi (XBMC ) the addons (only look to work is weather and lyrics but I don't know they use cache) don't work the network.

Same here, Arch network and all internet apps work fine, only xbmc isn't working right, I would recommend no one uninstall their current version of xbmc cause if you install a fresh version, it won't work right.
I DON'T DO CABLE.
(2014-09-19, 21:54)Pednick Wrote:
(2014-09-19, 12:06)momaku Wrote:

Same here, Arch network and all internet apps work fine, only xbmc isn't working right, I would recommend no one uninstall their current version of xbmc cause if you install a fresh version, it won't work right.

Mine is not fresh and I have the same problem.
Guys I just found out downgrading to curl v7.37.1 fixes the problem.

This warning should be stickyed until curl fixes with an upgrade.
I DON'T DO CABLE.
(2014-09-20, 00:48)Pednick Wrote: Guys I just found out downgrading to curl v7.37.1 fixes the problem.

This warning should be stickyed until curl fixes with an upgrade.

Thanks for the solution.
Thankyou! I too can confirm that this has solved the issue. I never think to downgrade packages.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc no longer scrapes media0