Not sure what is going on.
I have been messing with getting 3D playback to work. When I launch XBMC the menu's and everything are loaded in 3D not sure why and without having the glasses on you see blurred menu items, now when I play a 3D movie and select "same as original (side by side) the movie does not play in 3D but it is playing two times side by side. I will include a picture from my phone since screen capture doesn't capture the 3D blur.

Once loaded everything is in 3D so I put on glasses to navigate.

Movie listings. I loaded one that is tagged as 3D.

Now XBMC is still showing in 3D as you can see in the image, but the video playback is in 2D but its a split screen.

Two issues here.... you have the interface set for 3D, in settings>system>video output, restore to default. The second issue is that you have side by side 3D and your panel doesn't seem to want to recognize it, Look for the settings in two places settings>system>video output preferred mode, and in the video OSD as you play.... the video menu offers a 3D or stereoscopic setting.
I have done all this with the same result. It just does not want to murge on top of each other. If i were using colored glasses tgat seems to work stereoscopic jhst wont. Getfing frustrated...
Switch your TV to 3d mode
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Not sure what is going on.0