Is this possible?
Hello,
I'm using Kodi 16.1 Jarvis on both android tv boxes and a Linux PC. I currently have two servers that hold media; an older Synology 2 drive nas and a Debian (Jessie) based media server that will eventually house all my media. I'm using MySQL as the database and an advanced xml on each device as per the Kodi wiki.

Everything is working fine, but I have two questions:

1. Is it possible to display all media content from both servers per category? For example, can movies from both the Synology and Linux server show as one big movie list in the movie section? Because right now I have to switch servers in the sources menu to see the movies on each server.

2. Is it possible to have different sources in the advanced xml file, so I can remove the video/music sources for each device?

Thanks
Jim
1. Yes, you need to add two sources, like you added the first one, just add the second one.

2. Not out of the box, the full path to the file is stored in the database so a movie on the synology will have a path like smb://synology/movies/Avatar/Avatar.mkv but once you move it to the debian box it will have a path like smb://debian/movies/Avatar/Avatar.mkv

Solutions:

1. Manually update the database tables to correct the path (you'll need some mysql knowledge and you will have to study the kodi database table structure to make sure you change the right stuff. NB playing directly with the database is NOT recommended!!

2. Export your database to individual .nfo files, then move the .nfo files with the media files. Clean library, scrape again and database should be updated to the new path. Con: cluttering up directories with nfo files.

3. Arrange your server to combine the two shares so that the URL is the same no matter whether the file is on synology or debian. Con: a bit complex, and quite a lot of network traffic. If you'd like ot explore this I could give a quick outline.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Well said.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is this possible?0