Linux Xbmc video too dark
Hi all , i have XBMC installed on my xubuntu 14.04 with kernel 16.1 and all works really great no tearing nothing all perfect execpt the video quality is too dark. I use the kodi version coneected to my TV 32" lg. If i boot xbmc on my windows 7 the video quality is really good no dark picture but on my xubuntu the video is a litle dark how can i fix that ? I have the mesa drivers installed on xubuntu. How can i fix this ?

Thx
Maybe you need to "Use limited color range (16-235)" in Settings / Video Output
or you have graphics driver set to limited and tv to full range.
(2014-09-18, 17:02)ulibuck Wrote: Maybe you need to "Use limited color range (16-235)" in Settings / Video Output

yes I've tried that, but the colors are littles washesd and not that good like on windows 7 whithout change anything.

(2014-09-18, 20:40)FernetMenta Wrote: or you have graphics driver set to limited and tv to full range.

How i can see if my graphics card are set to limited ?

Thx
Start with a Debug Log for now nobody even knows what hardware you are running.

On intel hw this can be changed
On AMD hardware with mesa drivers there is no possibility to change the color range.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-09-18, 22:30)fritsch Wrote: Start with a Debug Log for now nobody even knows what hardware you are running.

On intel hw this can be changed
On AMD hardware with mesa drivers there is no possibility to change the color range.

How i insert the debug log on forum ?

Thx
Read: Debug Log
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Here's my Debug Log

Thx
Yeah AMD GPU with bleeding edge mesa drivers (that won't make fun).

The only solution you have is
a) Either sett your TV to full color range
b) Use that Limit Color Range setting in xbmc

OSS amd driver can only output Full RGB. You can file this bug at bugs.freedesktop.org if you want.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-09-19, 07:40)fritsch Wrote: Yeah AMD GPU with bleeding edge mesa drivers (that won't make fun).

The only solution you have is
a) Either sett your TV to full color range
b) Use that Limit Color Range setting in xbmc

OSS amd driver can only output Full RGB. You can file this bug at bugs.freedesktop.org if you want.

So the problem is in the mesa drivers right ? And if i install the last catalyst driver from amd website i can fix the problem? Or is the same thing?

Thx
You have a setting there to change the color output to rgb limited, yes.

But fglrx does not support hw acceleration - so your video playback will only be CPU accelerated.
(2014-09-19, 12:08)fritsch Wrote: You have a setting there to change the color output to rgb limited, yes.

But fglrx does not support hw acceleration - so your video playback will only be CPU accelerated.

I understand but what are the differences between CPU accelerated and GPU accelerated?

Thx
I have the same problem
If I play a movie with kodi its too dark
If I play the same movie with vlc the colors are normal

what is the problem and how can I fix it?
Post your Debug Log or post somewhere else.
....also. ...try adjusting your actual TV or displays settings based on the test pattern tool in Kodi settings. Sometimes it's the simple fixes that are the answer.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmc video too dark0