small and simple suggestion
Hi,
I just tested the latest XBMC (hexen) and I tried the 14 and 13.2 on both Windows and Linux using multiple monitors.
On all of them there is a problem that when the 2nd screen (which shows the video) is full screen, any click on the main screen or if there was any notification/baloon - the XBMC would be minimized. On Linux it's worse as full screen = no other screens.

There is a simple solution to it, but IMHO, it's located in the wrong place. The solution is to select "use a fullscreen window rather than true full screen" (btw - it should be written "a true full screen" - with the a) - but it's located on the Advnaces setting level in System.

My suggestion: move this optionto both Basic & Standard level, since many new users are "afraid" to go into "expert" mode. This will solve the problem (when selected) to both platforms.

Thanks,
Hetz
If you use this PPA -> ppa:aap/xbmc-release-fernetmenta for 13.2 you will find it supports proper multi-monitor setups including using a true full screen (assuming xorg.conf is setup correctly).
Learning Linux the hard way !!
In many situation it's a problematic since this requires running 2 X servers, a situation which nVidia for example - doesn't recommend to everyone (specially when you don't have much RAM). Oh, and I also use Fedora 20, not Ubuntu.

The suggestion I made helps both on any Linux and on Windows (don't know about Mac)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
small and simple suggestion0