Looking for good wi-fi in a Android box
I am setting up a secondary system in a bedrom and ethernet is not an option for connection.
I have a good (Asus N900) dual band router that seems to work well throughtou my home.
The system will just be used for Kodi for both video and music.
I have read that some of the newer generation of boxes have better wi-fi chipsets(AP6335).
However when researching the many boxes out there most dont list the wi-fi chip set or say if ac is supported.
I don't even know if I will have a problem yet, but would like to get the best wi-fi all other things being equal.
Does anybody know what new boxes will have these newer chipsets or any advice on which boxes have good or bad wi-fi ?
Win7/64/ML03/i3_2120/ASRock H77_Pro4-m/120GB OCZ SSD/8GB_Ram/2TB_WDGreen/Lite-On BD/Iogear GKM571 keypad/Inteset CIR Remote/Marantz AVR/Panasonic Plasma
Often you can also add a USB wifi adapter (such as the ones with 802.11 AC) to some Android boxes. Depends on what the firmware supports, though.
That's good information that I did not know. Thanks Ned !.
How would someone go about finding out what firmware supports the use of an adapter ?
Win7/64/ML03/i3_2120/ASRock H77_Pro4-m/120GB OCZ SSD/8GB_Ram/2TB_WDGreen/Lite-On BD/Iogear GKM571 keypad/Inteset CIR Remote/Marantz AVR/Panasonic Plasma
I'm honestly not sure, other than finding out what wifi chipset the USB wifi adapter uses and then trying to find out what various boxes/firmware have been reported to work with those chipsets.
fair enough...
So ,out of the box is there any unit that seems to have good wi-fi or are they all the same ?
The Beelink R89 has good wifi. It's the AP6335, works really well on 5ghz as long as the signal is fairly strong.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking for good wi-fi in a Android box0