UPNP client connects automatically..new Helix feature or anomaly???
I figured I'd post this here,

My Helix laptop is connecting to my Gotham library without any UPNP sources selected.
I don't know if this is a Helix feature or just an anomaly of some sort, ( if it's a new feature then Yaaay Big Grin )

Using Gotham 13.2 as main library and Helix 14 Alpha3 client
CCM skin, which was previously set as UPNP library mode...
Win7 on both
more info if needed...

very curious Huh
I don't understand what you're describing. What do you mean by "connecting"? It's listing items in your local library from the UPnP/Gotham install?
Not only listing them, I can watch all movies and TV shows from the main library. It even resumes play of in progress.
Yeah, but that was added in v13 "Gotham". I'm not sure what the "automatically" part is?
I always had to set up a UPNP source. This is working without a source setup in video/files/add source. It never did that for me before.

So normally i would add a upnp source in video>files>add source now it's working and I didn't add a source, it just picks them up. I don't remember it doing that before.
you still have to create a source with Gotham, but UPNP got some improvements in G (more XBMC info can be shared accross instances + watched state update IIRC)
So it is a new feature Rofl I was beginning to think I was imagining things LoL Oh so glad to hear that... I was curious if maybe CCM was doing some magic behind the scenes, since it's one of the few skins that integrates upnp so well.

Thanks guys, keep the improvements coming Big Grin
note that while there have been some improvements in regards of metadata sharing via UPNP, there is nothing like auto connection of one Kodi instance to another. You still have to add a video source etc. So whatever is going on on your side, it's not normal behavior
I still don't get what wpbpete describes tbh.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
from what I understood he automagically sees the library content of his Gotham instance in Helix without "mounting" a upnp source.
Memphiz, sorry for my poor description, what da-anda said is exactly what's happening.

Well, if you guys are as confused as I am, you can take a look at my debug log If you can figure it out maybe it can be implemented.

fyi sequence order:
Started Helix on client
checked files = no upnp source
checked movies = no movies
checked tv shows = no tv shows
Started Gotham on main system
back to client
checked files = no upnp sources
checked movies = 300+ movies Gotham lib is there and playable
checked tv shows = Gotham lib is there and playable

Huh
do you by occasion have a custom menu item in your skin pointing to the UPNP source? If so, the UPNP root path usually doesn't change. So if you had created such a menu item in your old install and copied guisettings to your new install, the custom menu item will still contain a valid UPNP path/url even without any video source (in case the skin is storing the info in GUI settings and not using a script)
I don't understand what you mean by "custom menu item" but I definitely have had upnp sources set before. CCM has an option of using the client as "upnp library mode" and I had that set before also.

You're definitely on the right track tho, I had an AHA! moment earlier. I had to install Confluence in order to upload the debug log and guess what... no movies/tv shows etc...

Image[/img]

And here is CCM, so it has to be the skin doing it.

Image[/img]

Now the BIG question is, Can that somehow be implemented as a feature permanently.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
UPNP client connects automatically..new Helix feature or anomaly???0