XBMC 12.1 on Mac Mini audio cut-out problem - HELP!
Have 2 Mac Mini, one MBP Retina and an Apple TV on my network. I simply made sure all Mac AirPlay functions were turned off and haven't had this issue since it started over a week ago. No downgrading of software/OS at all.
Also turned off AirPlay on ATV?

I'm afraid that's not and option for me since I often use AirPlay.
Unfortunately that was the ONLY way to get it to stop. Maybe consider using another type of stream sharing program? I'd rather be without AirPlay than deal with the audio and video skipping throughout the movies personally.
The downgrade worked for me, no cut-outs. I use Airplay all the time from my iPad and see no alternatives currently.
This thread was indeed useful, thanks to everyone for sharing knowledge and hints!

I have a corresponding setup where I use a Mac mini as front-end and a Synology NAS as back-end. The audio stutter stopped as soon as I unplugged my AppleTV (3rd gen). Guess I will have to consider downgrading the ATV..Confused
No response from the XBMC devs on this? Isolated to XBMC or a wider issue?
nope - not a bit of an opinion on that one - seems apple changed something in the atv2/atv3 ios versions which influence the way it behaves in regard to beeing detected as an audio device to the mac (airplay speaker) - this all happens on the os level and i don't see anything about this in the xbmc.log (tbh its more a guess which could be backed up by turning off airplay on the atv and see if it resolves the issue too)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
you could also try to block the atv2 bonjour announcements in the osx firewall (which of course would also take the ability to stream from the mac to the atv)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Just an update on the issue...

Last week I upgraded my Apple TV from the old 5.x firmware (which I used because it didn't cause the audio issue on my Mac Mini+XBMC) to 7.04 (and a few days later to 7.1) and I no longer has the issue. I recently upgraded my XBMC installation to Kodi 14.0 which could have made an impact, don't know for sure, but I have a feeling it was a issue Apple fixed in the Apple TV firmware.

So bottom-line: No more a issue for me with Apple TV 7.04/7.10 and Kodi 14.0 Big Grin
Thx for the info - i also think it was fixed on apple side ...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 12.1 on Mac Mini audio cut-out problem - HELP!0