Best TV Box for under £70.00
Hi there,

New to XBMC TV boxes, so looking for some advice.

I would like to spend no more than £70.00. Need a TV Box that comes pre-loaded with XBMC. It also needs to come pre-loaded with some add-ons.

I just want to use box for films, mainly HD and TV shows that I can hopefully stream, unsure exactly what add-ons that I require to achieve these two things.

If someone could please recommend a TV box that has latest software installed that you think would successfully do the job that would be great. If you could also send a link, so I can purchase that would be perfect. Happy to purchase off any website, ebay/amazon etc, or anything else you suggest.

Thank you so much.

Jamie
VidOn Box, it runs Android 4.4, equipped with a Quad-core CPU and a Eight-core GPU, comes with the latest VidOn XBMC built-in, which supports up to 1080P hardware decoding. Now it's only $49.
Best TV Box for you.
Thank you, where would I purchase one of these?

Cheers
I assume from your post you are in the UK. Therfore I would go on Amazon and pre order the Amazon fire TV for £79.99,i know it's a little over your budget but it's worth it in my opinion. It does not come more loaded as you say with xbmc but spmc is available in the Amazon store and it's not hard to install a few add ons.. Google will give you loads of information about that. Or just buy one of the many M8 android s802 boxes for sale on Amazon. The cheapest is about £65 and will come with xbmc installed.

For that price you could also get a raspberry pi which will offer better playback than any Android box but it is certainly not plug and play.
Hi Mark, thank you so much for your reply, hugely appreciated. I will definitely look up the Amazon fire TV, stupid question, but this will definitely run xbmc and all of the various add ons I will want (sports channels, movie channels etc!).

If for some reason I opt against the Amazon fire, I will go with what you recommend, M8 android s802. However, I was wondering, is there a specific version of these box's you would go for in particular.

Thank you again for all the help. Oh sorry, yep am from the UK!!
I recently set up a friends Android M8 android box with all the add ons. I cant link the one he bought as its probably against forum rules but you can search on Amazon for Android M8 or ebay and there are loads. Some come set up with xbmc and the add ons installed but i don't think its worth paying the extra for that personally as you can easily set it up better yourself.

The android box was OK but I'm comparing it to more expensive boxes I use like the NUC and full HTPC's..None of which you can buy for £70. The one benefit with android you get the apps like netflix, bbc iplayer, itv player etc along with the other android apps available on the play store.

As to the amazon fire TV. You SHOULD be able to install SPMC which is a version of XBMC made for android devices and is available in the play store and amazon store. I set them both up on my friends box and could not see any noticeable difference between the 2. Me personally I would go for the amazon Fire as the support will be better if you have any problems with the box you can rely on amazon to sort your problems.

BUT it wont play 3D movies while the M8 will...but that is not a concern to me as i don't watch 3D movies. Also FTV not out until the 23rd October but you will get 12mth prime account with it
Almost any media player can play half-res 3D SBS and TB formats, including FTV. So, are you saying the M8 can play full, frame-packed 3D?
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
No I meant half res 3D SBS i did not realise the FTV would, i certainly could not see anything in the marketing info. if thats the case then more reason to buy the FTV! I'm considering it myself as a first taste of android.
(2014-09-22, 19:31)jamieedwards1 Wrote: Thank you, where would I purchase one of these?

Cheers

Please go to vidon.me Smile
(2014-09-23, 16:09)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote:
(2014-09-22, 19:31)jamieedwards1 Wrote: Thank you, where would I purchase one of these?

Cheers

Can you recommend where he can buy this box in the UK?
(2014-09-22, 20:00)jamieedwards1 Wrote: Hi Mark, thank you so much for your reply, hugely appreciated. I will definitely look up the Amazon fire TV, stupid question, but this will definitely run xbmc and all of the various add ons I will want (sports channels, movie channels etc!).

If for some reason I opt against the Amazon fire, I will go with what you recommend, M8 android s802. However, I was wondering, is there a specific version of these box's you would go for in particular.

Thank you again for all the help. Oh sorry, yep am from the UK!!

The fire tv is awesome and the best box in my opinion. FOR 99 USD actually less at the moment you can't go wrong. Its fast and its smooth and i can watch live tv with it i can stream full 1080P from add ons or from my local NAS no problem. For XBMC there is not another box out there not in the price range anyway that will compete with it.

Plus there are lots of tv apps for it and now games and they release new apps about every week for it. The box has a huge following so if there is an issue someone can help you. I hav 2 in my house that replaced my apple tv 2. I loved my apple tv 2 for years and it kicked the first androids all over the place the mx2, the pivos all wish they could beat th Apple tv 2. But the fire is the first box i looked at that actually worked. I tried the minix boxes had issues with them, tried many other droids all just had issues or frame skipping or something.

I will not touch android phones or tablets but the fire tv is a great box and once xbmc can use the voice search built in to it by by every other box
Okay great. Amazon fire seems way to go. Have just tried to purchase on Amazon UK and it says it is not being released until 23rd October? If this is the case, how come you guys seem to have boxes up and running.

Also, can someone confirm whether i can download addons on to Amazon fire like Navi-x and Sports devil. I know this is very basic question, but would just like to check.

Thanks again.
(2014-09-23, 17:48)Mark142 Wrote:
(2014-09-23, 16:09)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote:

Cheers

Can you recommend where he can buy this box in the UK?

VidOn Box currently only available on http://vidon.me Smile
This Box is mainly for local source but you can also install other apps to watch online content.
(2014-09-24, 00:14)jamieedwards1 Wrote: Okay great. Amazon fire seems way to go. Have just tried to purchase on Amazon UK and it says it is not being released until 23rd October? If this is the case, how come you guys seem to have boxes up and running.

Also, can someone confirm whether i can download addons on to Amazon fire like Navi-x and Sports devil. I know this is very basic question, but would just like to check.

Thanks again.
Hi Jamie. This forum is international and the fire TV had been out in the US since April. the people that have it are either American /Canadian or have imported it from America. The UK version is not launched until the 23rd October... As to the add ons. You are not allowed to discuss these here however to answer your question. Yes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best TV Box for under £70.000