Win uh oh can't load sqlite3.dll exiting
(2015-05-04, 01:55)DirkLaurenz Wrote: Just installed Kodi 14.2 on Windows 10 Insider Preview - same issue...

Same :-(
(2015-05-15, 11:47)banhuk Wrote:
(2015-05-04, 01:55)DirkLaurenz Wrote: Just installed Kodi 14.2 on Windows 10 Insider Preview - same issue...

Same :-(

Crikey I got it working.

btfshadow's solution worked...

http://minhateca.com.br/btfshadow/Solu*c...p(archive)

Just copy the above two files into kodi's system directory.

Hooroo :-)
I tried upgrading from Gotham to Isengard and got erros sqlite3.dll and msvcr120.dll. (running Windows 8 on a dedicated micro-PC)

First I tried MediaRoomNates suggestion but it didn't work for me. However, I found my own solution.

Uninstalled Kodi-Isenguard. Reinstalled Kodi Isengard - this time NOT TOUCHING/MODIFYING THE CUSTOM OPTIONS TO DOWNLOAD. I didn't create a shortcut either.

Since Gotham has previously been deleted with my prior attempt at installing, it did not give me options to transfer User Data.

I am now able to open up Isengard but now have to figure out how to get by userdata restored from my backup.
So it seems the issue was fixed in the new release (if you do a fresh install). Great!
nope, downgraded from windows 10 to windows 8.1 and after a fresh isengard install same issue. I'll try the btfshadow's solution now.
---
edit:

works like a charm, thank you btfshadow.

edit²:

yeah works, but no connection.
Unfortunately the problem is still persistant and very annoying.

Windows 10 pro here.

On my old Win7 system everything but Kodi crashed. This seems to be C++ related since I have many different versions installed.

EDIT: the older KODI/XBMC versions don't work either. None of them. All quit with the same error message as menitioned in the topic.
I've had this on Helix, but Isengard was OK. This is on a Yoga too so it looks like Lenovo are creating the issue.

I have to install on a different laptop, copy the Kodi folder over and run as a portable install as I don't have admin rights on the Yoga. There are a couple of dlls that need putting in the Kodi directory but once that's done, it runs fine
finaly ..
i find the solution
just run kody as admin and it will work
sorry for my bad english
Running Kodi 15.1 on Win10 as administrator doesn't solve the problem and I can conform that its not a problem related only to Lenovo hardware.
Solved: I removed all older C++ versions, rebooted and Kodi works again
(2015-02-01, 19:01)MediaRoomNate Wrote: I had the same problem after upgrading from XBMC to Kodi this morning. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium, and there's nothing too out of the ordinary about my system.

Anyway, I was receiving the error message about missing the msvcr120.dll file, followed by the additional "Uh oh" error message about the file sqlite3.dll.

I did manage to get things working again by doing the following:

1.) I copied the file sqlite3.dll from the C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\ folder to the C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ folder.

2.) I downloaded and installed the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 from Microsoft available here:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...x?id=40784

Since I have a 64-bit system, I first installed the x64 version of the Visual C++ Redistributable Package, but since it occurred to me that Kodi was installed into the Program Files (x86) folder, I wasn't sure whether it would want the x86 version of the Redistributable Package instead, so I ended up installing both. It was probably overkill, but I didn't feel like messing with the problem for very long (what can I say, I'm lazy). I installed the x64 version first, then the x86 version, and then re-ran the x64 version one more time and did a "Repair" install.

After that, I tried to start Kodi again, and everything worked fine. Hope that information helps!
MediaRoomNate, you are a genius! I followed your instructions and worked perfectly!!!
Thank you :-)
(2015-02-01, 19:01)MediaRoomNate Wrote: I had the same problem after upgrading from XBMC to Kodi this morning. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium, and there's nothing too out of the ordinary about my system.

Anyway, I was receiving the error message about missing the msvcr120.dll file, followed by the additional "Uh oh" error message about the file sqlite3.dll.

1.) I copied the file sqlite3.dll from the C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\ folder to the C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ folder.

2.) I downloaded and installed the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 from Microsoft available here:

Since I have a 64-bit system, I first installed the x64 version of the Visual C++ Redistributable Package, but since it occurred to me that Kodi was installed into the Program Files (x86) folder, I wasn't sure whether it would want the x86 version of the Redistributable Package instead, so I ended up installing both. It was probably overkill, but I didn't feel like messing with the problem for very long (what can I say, I'm lazy). I installed the x64 version first, then the x86 version, and then re-ran the x64 version one more time and did a "Repair" install.

After that, I tried to start Kodi again, and everything worked fine. Hope that information helps!

I ran into this problem today with a Visa Ultimate system. The information here helped me to resolve the problem. I copied the sqlite3.dll from the C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\ folder to the C:\Windows\ folder and the C:\Windows\System32\ folder for good measure (Since it is 32 bit Vista, there is no SysWOW64 folder.

I then installed the 32 bit version of the Visual C++ Redistributable from the link MediaRoomNate provided. Worked like a charm! Both messages are gone and Kodi launches perfectly. Thanks to everyone.

I had the same problem after upgrading to windows 10 and installing a few free virus protections but
this worked perfect for me doing it EXACTLY as you stated by installing both then rerunning the x64 and doing a repair install, wouldn't work until I did it exactly as you said, thanks for the info, appreciate it!!!

Theresa Big Grin
I had this error message after updating my AMD drivers to the new Crimson edition. I reinstalled Kodi (the nightly atm) including the C++ stuff, and it works again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
uh oh can't load sqlite3.dll exiting2