Win uh oh can't load sqlite3.dll exiting
I came up against this last night, I'd tried the Visual Studios install (did x64 for my 64 bit machine, didn't think of the fact that Kodi was in x86 - annoyed at myself for that)

Working again now.

I'm posting mainly to try to help identify what caused the problem as mine had been running perfectly for over a year until last night. I had tried to use VideoStream for Chromecast last night for the first time since upgrading to Windows 10. It said that Windows Firewall was blocking it and linked me to a repair file which did fix the problem and allowed me to cast. This was the only thing I installed yesterday so I have to believe this cause the MSVCR120.dll and sqlite3.dll issues I had
(2015-12-15, 16:55)willemd Wrote: I had this error message after updating my AMD drivers to the new Crimson edition. I reinstalled Kodi (the nightly atm) including the C++ stuff, and it works again.

Will do that myself now. I had the issue after the exact same update this afternoon. Not sure if I want the nightly build version, though - I prefer the stable ones. On the other hand, it's got to be better than nothing at all Undecided
For the record, a re-installation of 15.2 (stable release) worked for me on Win10 64-bit. Quick and easy.
(2015-12-22, 14:11)Mosh Wrote:
(2015-12-15, 16:55)willemd Wrote: I had this error message after updating my AMD drivers to the new Crimson edition. I reinstalled Kodi (the nightly atm) including the C++ stuff, and it works again.

Will do that myself now. I had the issue after the exact same update this afternoon. Not sure if I want the nightly build version, though - I prefer the stable ones. On the other hand, it's got to be better than nothing at all Undecided

Same thing here. shortly after I installed the new Crimson edition AMD drivers, Kodi wouldn't start. I re-installed kodi and it's fine. Very weird. What is AMD doing?
For the record, a re-installation of 14.2 over the top of existing 14.2 ('cause that is the version i run on all my systems still..) worked for me on a troublesome Win10 64-bit.machine. Unsure what i installed recently to break it though. Not an AMD driver'ed machine.
Solved! Download this zip file: http://minhateca.com.br/btfshadow/Solu*c3*a7*c3*b5es/kodibugg,374546188.zip extract it and copy to C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system
Worked like a charm idot, thanks.
edit: NVM, ran Kodi as admin...even though i turned off UAC already.....

interestingly enough...i only have to right click and run as admin once.....subsequent launch of Kodi i can just left double click as usual...

(2015-12-26, 19:50)idot Wrote: Solved! Download this zip file: http://minhateca.com.br/btfshadow/Solu*c3*a7*c3*b5es/kodibugg,374546188.zip extract it and copy to C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system

same error..im using windows 10 x64, Krypton nightly from Jan-17-2016...lol..time to downgrade to jarvis beta 5..lol
Hi everyone.
After reading all these posts on here and elsewhere and screwing around for hours with nothing working I finally found a super easy solution.
Worked great for me Windows 10 doing a fresh install of Kodi 15.2
Go to the Windows Control Panel.
Open "Programs and Features"
Uninstall Kodi.
Uninstall all Microsoft Visual C++ entries (I think had 8)
Install Kodi
Thats It.
Working fine.
(The Kodi installer already has the needed C++ in it.)
I had the same issue (Windows 10 Pro) last night, here's the fix.

Download Kodi
Right Click > Properties, then select UNBLOCK (if there's no unblock button then its already unblocked)
Turn User Access Control to OFF [restart system]
Install Kodi (the above UNBLOCKED version)
Run once installed, should not have an issue.

Its likely the UAC settings (i run all windows version with this off), software needs to be installed with UAC off, generally turning it off after doesnt work, however ive had BLOCKED download content do some weird stuff like this as well.

Many Thanks
Ashley

© Copyright 2016 - www.ashleygriffin.ca
Is this not just down to that stupid thing called smartscreen?
(2016-02-07, 20:00)SFX Group Wrote: I had the same issue (Windows 10 Pro) last night, here's the fix.

Download Kodi
Right Click > Properties, then select UNBLOCK (if there's no unblock button then its already unblocked)
Turn User Access Control to OFF [restart system]
Install Kodi (the above UNBLOCKED version)
Run once installed, should not have an issue.

Its likely the UAC settings (i run all windows version with this off), software needs to be installed with UAC off, generally turning it off after doesnt work, however ive had BLOCKED download content do some weird stuff like this as well.

Unreal, I just had this error after installing Jarvis RC3 on one of my Windows 7 machines. This was an easy fix. .. . worked great thanks
I have the sqlite3.dll error on Krypton-daily from today. This is the first time I tried to run Krypton on Win7 x64
The solution above does not work for me
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
I have none of these issues and all the win10 crap is disabled.
Win 10 KODI user here. UAC is *on* with this PC. Slight difference, I use Firefox to download KODI. No SmartScreen in Firefox.

I have NEVER run KODI as admin. No need to.

(Personally I find it kinda odd that people are turning off the security features of W10, but still using IE or Edge....)

I notice that any time I download and install "SQLite Database Browser" it clearly messes with sqlite3.dll. On the next startup of KODI there will be a this exact error from KODI.

It is always then fixed by a re-installation of KODI on top of itself.

I wonder if someone needs to check the KODI installer? Could be that the sqlite3.dll is not being registered correctly?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
uh oh can't load sqlite3.dll exiting2