• 3(current)
Dolby atmos
Will need to-do a new test then,
Last time I checked it didn't work for my system.
Used a live USB version.
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
hi, im really noob in here
may i ask how to using this openelec on my system?coz cant enjoy true hd on atmos selection
just fyi im using win 7 and under this windows i install my xbmc 13.2 stable version, meants i need start windows and then choosing xbmc application on my pogram lis
its has step by step guide?
so sorry for my english before
many thanks any help will be appreciated
(2014-09-25, 09:13)fritsch Wrote: OE will also bitstream with AMD. The driver was fixed starting with 4.0

found out why it didn't work for me whe testing,
it's because of the following issue
No HD audio when adjust refresh rate is on-AMD APU
so you can't even watch a Blu-Ray decent with the drops you get.

when keeping at 60Hz HD Audio works and also the patch that is made,
so thnx for the great job.
but till they fix the AMD issue it's a no go for AMD and bitstreaming being that blu-rays are mostly 24 or 23.xx.

(2014-09-25, 17:41)tukul2828 Wrote: hi, im really noob in here
may i ask how to using this openelec on my system?coz cant enjoy true hd on atmos selection
just fyi im using win 7 and under this windows i install my xbmc 13.2 stable version, meants i need start windows and then choosing xbmc application on my pogram lis
its has step by step guide?
so sorry for my english before
many thanks any help will be appreciated

openelec is a OS on it's own,
so you could install it on a USB and give it a try.
that's what i did
How do i install this patch on XBMCUBUNTU?

Thanks!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Post 13 i presume
This is a windows forum Smile
(2014-09-26, 21:30)mrhyde1969 Wrote: This is a windows forum Smile

Surely people are looking for solutions. Of course the windows people can get the patches and compile themselves, or they can wait for xbmc/kodi to catch up, or they can install openelec on a USB stick and enjoy their media right now.

Their windows install will be untouched. They have nothing to lose except some time.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
The patches are multi platform - and as Linux dev - I will continue reading in my linux subforum :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
For those interested. OE has released 4.2.0 stable.

Of note, they have switched to ffmpeg-2.4 adding support for h256(HEVC) and included the upstream patch to add Atmos support.

-I know this is a Windows forum, but its the result provided when searching for XBMC Atmos.
That's a bit misleading. As far as I know they don't actually support the Atmos substream yet; what they have added is support for playing the TrueHD part of the stream and ignoring the Atmos substream.
Exactly. No one in opensource world supports the Atmos stream for now. It's just about getting the TrueHD part played correctly, be it decoded (what the ffmpeg patch does) or bitstreamed what the mentioned xbmc patch does. I sent those two mentioned patches to OpenELEC some days ago. They can give use a good testing for an eventual inclusion into helix.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-09-27, 05:13)sialivi Wrote: That's a bit misleading. As far as I know they don't actually support the Atmos substream yet; what they have added is support for playing the TrueHD part of the stream and ignoring the Atmos substream.

Well yeah that's true. Quote from their site "We added support for nss-mdns, support to perform filesystem checks on every boot for our both default system partitions and ffmpeg-2.4 to our x86 builds. With switching to ffmpeg-2.4 on our x86 builds we now support h265(HEVC) and Dolby Atmos." So, I didn't intend to be misleading, that's just the way they [OE] worded it.

I'm just thankful it came so fast, at least now I watch transformers with the TrueHD audio (bitstream to receiver). Smile
Yeah I did not explain it correctly to sraue.
What file was change?
So I can copy your changes to my.
Read the thread from the beginning - I linked the changes. See my master branch on github, as you need to link to a working ffmpeg build which has those changes.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dolby atmos3