• 4(current)
Dolby atmos
(2014-09-22, 11:40)fritsch Wrote: You can pick the relevant patches and build yourself:

a) https://github.com/xbmc/FFmpeg/pull/2
b) https://github.com/anssih/xbmc/commit/6e...7883a07123

How do you build it yourself?
Or can you just copy and paste the change files in a certain location inside your already build system.

Thanks!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Use OpenELEC 4.2 - everything is included. No need to build anything.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-09-29, 15:30)fritsch Wrote: Use OpenELEC 4.2 - everything is included. No need to build anything.

What if i want to use Ubuntu or Xbmcubuntu?
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
The you need to do the manual way, dig into the things, learn howto compile, howto patch and so on ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-09-29, 16:15)fritsch Wrote: The you need to do the manual way, dig into the things, learn howto compile, howto patch and so on ...

Its not that easy.

A little instruction will help..

Thanks!
Install xbmc build dependencies, by adding the nightly ppa:

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:team-xbmc/xbmc-nightly

Now install the xbmc build depencies
Code:
sudo apt-get build-dep xbmc

3.) Clone xbmc branch (in this case, you will use my master, cause there you find the atmos enabled patches)
Code:
git clone https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc.git

4.) Add fritsch as remote to get the atmos patches into mainline xbmc
Code:
cd xbmc
git remote add fritsch https://github.com/fritsch/xbmc.git
git fetch fritsch
git checkout -b fritschmaster fritsch/master
./bootstrap
./configure
make -j5

5.) If all was fine, install it - this will install your manually compiled xbmc to /usr/local/ - make a backup of you .xbmc directory prior you run that version - as it is a v14 nightly
Code:
sudo make uninstall
sudo make install

6.)whenever you want to update
git fetch fritsch
git reset --hard fritsch/master
git clean -xfd
ccache -cC (only if ccache is installed)
then continue with the bootstrap step of 5.)
(2014-09-29, 16:25)fritsch Wrote: Install xbmc build dependencies, by adding the nightly ppa:

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:team-xbmc/xbmc-nightly

Now install the xbmc build depencies
Code:
sudo apt-get build-dep xbmc

3.) Clone xbmc branch (in this case, you will use my master, cause there you find the atmos enabled patches)
Code:
git clone https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc.git

4.) Add fritsch as remote to get the atmos patches into mainline xbmc
Code:
cd xbmc
git remote add fritsch https://github.com/fritsch/xbmc.git
git fetch fritsch
git checkout -b fritschmaster fritsch/master
./bootstrap
./configure
make -j5

5.) If all was fine, install it - this will install your manually compiled xbmc to /usr/local/ - make a backup of you .xbmc directory prior you run that version - as it is a v14 nightly
Code:
sudo make uninstall
sudo make install

6.)whenever you want to update
git fetch fritsch
git reset --hard fritsch/master
git clean -xfd
ccache -cC (only if ccache is installed)
then continue with the bootstrap step of 5.)

Thank you very much...
Will try this when i get home tonight..
Again thank you!
So reading through the new Dolby TrueHD Atmos 7.1 tracks won't be supported by Gotham and I can only get them to work if I compile the latest versions of Helix myself? Huh

How long before Helix moves to a more basic-user downloadable stage? And will Atmos be supported as a new audio format with icon identifiers and such? I know XBMC/KODI get's it's audio cue from the headers in the media file and I'm not sure if MKV yet has a header option for Atmos but I'd much preffer to have this noted for playlists and noteability within myu library as to which movies are Atmos since I'm putting together an Atmos ready home theater.
No. Only truehd we can extract. You can try eith a nightly. Do backups!
Follow mode since im atmos fan
But i guess atmos wont be supported in helix, only dolby true hd extracted . Im right, right?
(2014-10-12, 20:04)Skank Wrote: Follow mode since im atmos fan
But i guess atmos wont be supported in helix, only dolby true hd extracted . Im right, right?

That is what it is sounding like, to me anyways, unless ffdshow changes their support or something.

What I want to know, and this may not be something the KODI devs can do but has to come from outside, is how to flag a file as being Atmos vs. just TrueHD. Then will KODI read these flags and have the appropriate icons to show it's an Atmos track not just read it as TrueHD.

If I understand correctly if you have an Atmos track and your player is bitstreaming to the receiver then it's all the same if it's Atmos or not. So KODI doesn't have to have any 'support' for an Atmos track over a regular TrueHD, just be able to differentiate between the 2 and that would come down to the flags in the metadata for the file. Or maybe I'm completely wrong?
(2014-09-27, 05:54)fritsch Wrote: Exactly. No one in opensource world supports the Atmos stream for now. It's just about getting the TrueHD part played correctly, be it decoded (what the ffmpeg patch does) or bitstreamed what the mentioned xbmc patch does. I sent those two mentioned patches to OpenELEC some days ago. They can give use a good testing for an eventual inclusion into helix.

Bitstream is passthrough right?
You say xbmc does bitstream... So it doesnt decode.
So if my receiver is atmos ready, i will have atmos sound?
(2014-10-12, 20:37)Skank Wrote:
(2014-09-27, 05:54)fritsch Wrote: Exactly. No one in opensource world supports the Atmos stream for now. It's just about getting the TrueHD part played correctly, be it decoded (what the ffmpeg patch does) or bitstreamed what the mentioned xbmc patch does. I sent those two mentioned patches to OpenELEC some days ago. They can give use a good testing for an eventual inclusion into helix.

Bitstream is passthrough right?
You say xbmc does bitstream... So it doesnt decode.
So if my receiver is atmos ready, i will have atmos sound?

As long at XBMC is bitstreaming the complete TrueHD track and your receiver is Atmos 'ready' with the firmware upgrade and you have the appropriate Atmos speakers and set-up, then yes.
I'm not clear this issue.
Were gonna get an update in order to play Dolby Atmos?
I have a QNAP TS-451 and there is no sound when playing the sound track with Dolby Atmos movie Transformers 4.

Thank you very much.
No idea what you have or not, if you use the QNAP provided xbmc - this is so stoneold that most likely no hd passtrhough at all works on your machine.

Helix will only deliver support for listening the TrueHD part of this Atmos audio track. There is no opensource decoder for the Atmos bits.

Edit: Helix can also decode the TrueHD part of Atmos audio tracks.

So to summarize:

Helix
Code:
Input                      Output (passthrough)              Output (decoding)
Dolby Atmos                TrueHD passthrough                PCM

OpenELEC 4.2.1
Code:
Input                      Output (passthrough)               Output (decoding)
Dolby Atmos                TrueHD passthrough                 PCM

Gotham
Code:
Input                      Output (passthrough)               Output (decoding)
Dolby Atmos                nothing                            nothing
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dolby atmos3