• 1(current)
WIP Kodi 14.0 DXVA test thread
For the upcoming 14.0 version we would like some help testing the code changes done for DXVA.

Windows users only!

How:
Install the test build. Play a variety of different video files/types and change the DXVA options.
Should you find any problems, please provide a full Debug Log using pastebin.com or xbmclogs.com Optionally also provide screenshots if needed.

Changes:
This build contains extra changes which are not included in regular nightly versions.

Test build:
Install latest nightly build http://xbmc.org/download/#devbuilds

Regularly visit this thread for updated builds until the code is merged into our main code.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
just for comparison is the same as the nightlies build or other differences? and i should be able to do some testing today
(2014-09-19, 09:57)orby Wrote: just for comparison is the same as the nightlies build or other differences? and i should be able to do some testing today

This build contains extra code changes
just tried to install and still complains about the avcodec-56.dll being missing

windows 8.1 test machine
Installation went fine on Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit but it wont start because of avcodec-56.dll.
The Setup Removes all files after installation again. It Seems to related to the Registry Key in HKCU/Software/XBMC. After remove that Keys the installation works.
(2014-09-19, 10:21)NEOhidra Wrote: Installation went fine on Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit bit it wont start because of avcodec-56.dll.
grr thought it was correctly build now. will update in couple of hours

(2014-09-19, 10:22)nille02 Wrote: The Setup Removes all files after installation again.

Don't install it in the old XBMC folder then.
Besides, totally not relevant to this thread.
(2014-09-19, 10:25)Martijn Wrote: Don't install it in the old XBMC folder then.

It was the older Folder where i installed the 14 builds. And the installer should check it before he removes his own installation.

(2014-09-19, 10:25)Martijn Wrote: Besides, totally not relevant to this thread.

Thats doesn't matter. You know now thats there is a problem.
Build updated
On my HD5770 everything looks fine, the b-pyramid issue seems to be fixed. Then i test it on the Mobile HD3650 and hey, we have Ticket 15066 back on the list.

Debug Log
(2014-09-19, 13:49)nille02 Wrote: On my HD5770 everything looks fine, the b-pyramid issue seems to be fixed. Then i test it on the Mobile HD3650 and hey, we have Ticket 15066 back on the list.

Debug Log

can you confirm that 15066 is back in current master too?
(2014-09-19, 14:00)FernetMenta Wrote: can you confirm that 15066 is back in current master too?

I've test with KodiSetup-20140919-7a93c1d-master.exe and there is the problem too

After this i tested XBMCSetup-20140909-f78c550-master.exe and on this is working. i test the other nightly to see where it breaks again.

XBMCSetup-20140911-7f2a4b1-master.exe was the last working nightly the next XBMCSetup-20140913-7c4baee-master.exe has the bug again.
The problem was that the original change caused regression with blurays when clips changed. For this case we need more than a single decoder open or we lose the buffered packets. So I try to open the new decoder first and if this fails, all open decoders are closed.

would it help to increase the number of retries in CDXVAContext::CreateDecoder?
I have update my dxva branch with this: https://github.com/FernetMenta/xbmc/comm...64e86af61f
Increasing the retry count make it only worse.

Somewhere earlier something open a decoder. and then he is in the retry loop. after 200 trys i killed kodi ...

• 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 14.0 DXVA test thread0