I've reported this BUG back when Gotham was under "development"...
...but it was never fixed!!! Sad

Looks like Gotham and now Kodi still sees (or thinks) that these type of streams are just "videos" (and not live streams), so it stops requesting data from the server Sad

This is definitely not a livestreams addon problem, but a Gotham & Kodi "BUG". coz it works fine on Frodo 12.3

NOTES
a. The stream works fine on Frodo 12.3. When it starts playing, all you have to do is press PLAY and you're good to go...
b. On Gotham and Kodi, you'll have to try to play it several times, before it opens for a fraction of a second, then stops!!! Sad

To test the code below you need divingmule's livestreams addon installed AND you must be in the UK or use a UK vpn/proxy

XML CODE
Code:
<item>
<title>TEST</title>
<link>http://ongoingevents-f.akamaihd.net/ongoing_1_1@51891?v=2.4.5&amp;fp=WIN%2013,0,0,214&amp;r=OEIBO&amp;g=TQWNHPWEDVML</link>
</item>

Thanks in advance!

-PM
Are you sure that you reported this as a bug according to http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...bug_report ?
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

I think he is referring to this thread (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=194420) which most definitely is not a bug report.
At best it can be considered a complaint with lots of information missing.

It was clearly mentioned this could not be bumped up the chain because it was happening in an unsupported / bootleg video add-on.
The best way to get this fixed is to reproduce it using legal / official add-ons and write reproduction steps for it, then take the trouble (after it has been confirmed here) to add it to the bugtracker with all the information.
Thanks for the response. The way I look at it is the sample code I provided works fine on Frodo, but no on Gotham or Kobi. It takes 5 mins to verify that and that's the bottom line. If want to get sticky about official vs. unofficial addons, that's your prerogative and you're probably right! But I'd venture out to say that 60%-70% of XBMC users are using it with official as well what you've called "unofficial" addons Wink The addon is definitely NOT the culprit here...instead, a missing if/else statement somewhere in the code is what's probably causing the issue at hand Wink

Your call ...

--Cheers!
Well... this is not as easy as you make it sound. It may have something to do with changes in the background between those versions. That is not uncommon. This however does not constitute a bug, but probably simply something that has to be updated in the addon.

The way I look at it is you still do not provide any information so that we might be able to help you. There isn't even any indication to what goes wrong. You're just saying "Eh, it doesn't work" when there are literally a million reasons as to why this is not working on Gotham or Helix (which is the correct name for the 14th version of Kodi, btw) but it is working on Frodo.
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I've reported this BUG back when Gotham was under "development"...0