Android Please Help - Complete Newbie
I've tried searching this thread and reading the Android FAQ's but I haven't been able to find the answer.

I'm using Gotham 13.2 on a 2012 Nexus 7. I can add files, play films, stream movies etc perfectly using the Nexus 7 itself. However, watching files on the Nexus 7 screen excludes the family so I've been trying to get this setup streaming to my TV. When I try to stream certain add-on's to my TV via a Chromecast, I just get the 'XBMC is using an external player' message on screen. I know you have to download a modified playercorefactory.xml file and save it to the correct userdata folder, which I've done for various players with different .xml files each time - BubbleUpnP, Local Cast, Moliplayer, Y2Cast - but I never seem to get the 'play using' option in the context menu when I long press the video link. So I have no way of selecting the player I want to use to cast the stream to my Chromecast

What am I doing wrong - clearly I'm missing a vital step? Can someone please help?

It would be great for technically challenged duffers like me if someone at XBMC could build this functionality directly in to the next version of Kodi.
XBMC doesn't cast to Chromecast. If you want to do it wirelessly then you'll need a Miracast receiver for the Nexus 7 (I think that includes the 2012 model, but I'm not sure).
Thanks Ned, but just as an update, I have managed to get around this.

The Nexus 7 (2012) doesn't support Miracast (or it doesn't do it very well). However, if you have a rooted android tablet on Android KitKat, you can now use the cast screen function of the Chromecast app and mirror the screen to a Chromecast plugged in to your tv.

In July, Google enabled Chromecast screen mirroring on a select number of devices with the promise that it would be rolled out to more devices over the coming months. Not keen on waiting, a developer over on XDA, developed a work around that brings that functionality to many more devices.

Search Google for Mirror Enabler to get the link to the app and full instructions on how to enable it.. It's still only in beta but it works really well (or at least it has for me). The picture does sometimes break up, but just pausing the playback for a few seconds tends to clear it up. It's been a god send.
Nice!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Please Help - Complete Newbie0