Req Queue button for next episode just before end of playback?
It would be cool if while watching a tv episode, in the last minute (or custom time) of the show, a small button could pop up in the corner saying "play next episode". When you hit the button it would display some sort of confirmation and fade out, en-queuing the next episode for play after the current one finishes.

Or..

The video shrinks to a smaller box and displays what is up next with a timer of some kind? I take the idea from Netflix type of experience.

I've been all over google trying to see if there is anything like this as an add-on..

any ideas?
Hello. Check out my addon, LazyTV.

You can set it up so that when one episode ends it asks you if you want to play the next one. Even if you dont watch to the very end, lets say you stop the episode in the last minute (during the credits), it will still ask.
I tried it, but couldn't get it to display a menu at the end of an episode. Playing an episode would result in returning to the list as before. Do you have to run the script and choose the episode from the list that is generated for it to work? If so, opening a separate GUI seems a bit excessive and complicated if just binge watching one show at a time, and if the end user is extremely non-technical.

Looking more for a generic idea, where all it does is read the next file in the season. Then it would display a graphic overlay in the corner while the video is playing, like when a network is promoting another show.
You need to switch it on in the settings under Other Settings --> Prompt To Watch Next Available Episode. The prompt auto-closes and you can set the time it stays open. You can also set what the default action will be upon Auto-Close.

It works universally, which means outside of the GUI as well. It will monitor any show you are watching and prompt you if there is another one available.

It can also tell you if the show you have chosen to watch has unwatched episodes before it.
The option is enabled. I set it to 60. When does it display the prompt, after the current file finishes? It still finishes the episode and returns to the list of files as normal. It does display if there are any unwatched episodes before it, but doesn't seem to display the other prompt.
The prompt shows after the file finishes or if you stop it within the last few minutes.

Does the show you are watching have any unwatched episodes after the one you were watching? Are they streams or local files?

You could switch on logging in Other Settings and post the xbmc.log file to pastebin if you like. That will have all the details.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Queue button for next episode just before end of playback?0