[DEPRECATED] Pushbullet
(2014-09-25, 01:05)tinybutstrong Wrote: It's brilliant! I have no other word to describe this addon. I removed Play IT from my end, your addon rules!

Acestream/Soupcast working fine. Direct link to images working instantly. The experience is like if it was an official Pushbullet plugin Big Grin
Thanks, I'm glad you like it. Feel free to let me know if something is missing. I'm also willing to add handling for other media link/protocol types, especially if it's easy Smile
(2014-09-25, 01:05)tinybutstrong Wrote: ps: message/notification push not working properly, it just opens a blank/white screen (in auto/service mode). If you need log let me know.

It's working on my end. How long was your test note. I'm wondering if perhaps the text is just offscreen as some TVs/settings crop off the screen borders. Anyway, assuming it's not that I guess I'll need a log.

P.S. The next release will allow viewing pushes for your other devices or all pushes as an option.

After I get all the basic push receiving/viewing stuff done and it feels stable, I'll submit it to the official repo. After that I'll work on being able to push from XBMC/Kodi.
XBMC fresh start, waited 1 minute without log activity, then sent the push message from Firefox addon at a remote machine. Result:

http://i.imgur.com/YA4cibq.png

Code:
22:33:57 T:6420   DEBUG: Activating window ID: 13000
22:33:57 T:6420   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (Home.xml) ------
22:33:57 T:6420   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\service.pushbullet.com\resources\skins\Main\720p\service.pushbullet.com-note.xml) ------
22:33:57 T:6420    INFO: Loading skin file: C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\service.pushbullet.com\resources\skins\Main\720p\service.pushbullet.com-note.xml, load type: LOAD_ON_GUI_INIT
22:33:57 T:6420   DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(special://xbmcbin/system/ImageLib.dll)
22:33:57 T:6420   DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory ()
22:33:57 T:6420   DEBUG:   ParentPath = []

This log reveals nothing I think.

The test message had 395 chars. Opening "manually" the addon fetch it fine: http://i.imgur.com/gzJwxQO.png

Minor issue for me, my main usage will be to send video/images link.

Current add-on settings:

Code:
<settings>
    <setting id="device_iden" value="...." />
    <setting id="device_name" value="..." />
    <setting id="instant_play" value="true" />
    <setting id="interrupt_media" value="false" />
    <setting id="load_video_thumbs" value="true" />
    <setting id="most_recent" value="141160882..." />
    <setting id="show_notification" value="false" />
    <setting id="token" value="..." />
</settings>

XBMC 13.2 @ Windows 8.
I wish to have Rotten Tomatoes (user+critics) + IMDB both ratings display in skin.
(2014-09-25, 03:57)tinybutstrong Wrote: XBMC fresh start, waited 1 minute without log activity, then sent the push message from Firefox addon at a remote machine. Result:

http://i.imgur.com/YA4cibq.png

Code:
22:33:57 T:6420   DEBUG: Activating window ID: 13000
22:33:57 T:6420   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (Home.xml) ------
22:33:57 T:6420   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\service.pushbullet.com\resources\skins\Main\720p\service.pushbullet.com-note.xml) ------
22:33:57 T:6420    INFO: Loading skin file: C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\service.pushbullet.com\resources\skins\Main\720p\service.pushbullet.com-note.xml, load type: LOAD_ON_GUI_INIT
22:33:57 T:6420   DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(special://xbmcbin/system/ImageLib.dll)
22:33:57 T:6420   DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory ()
22:33:57 T:6420   DEBUG:   ParentPath = []

This log reveals nothing I think.

The test message had 395 chars. Opening "manually" the addon fetch it fine: http://i.imgur.com/gzJwxQO.png

Minor issue for me, my main usage will be to send video/images link.

Current add-on settings:

Code:
<settings>
    <setting id="device_iden" value="...." />
    <setting id="device_name" value="..." />
    <setting id="instant_play" value="true" />
    <setting id="interrupt_media" value="false" />
    <setting id="load_video_thumbs" value="true" />
    <setting id="most_recent" value="141160882..." />
    <setting id="show_notification" value="false" />
    <setting id="token" value="..." />
</settings>

XBMC 13.2 @ Windows 8.

Thanks for trying the log and everything. I'll try it on Win 8 and see what happens. What skin are you using? Also, when you manually view the note full screen, is it the same as when it displays instantly or also just white?
(2014-09-25, 09:04)ruuk Wrote: Thanks for trying the log and everything. I'll try it on Win 8 and see what happens. What skin are you using? Also, when you manually view the note full screen, is it the same as when it displays instantly or also just white?

Good catch! I forgot to test full screen note manually. Confirmed, the screen is empty too.

Skin here is Aeon MQ 5.
I wish to have Rotten Tomatoes (user+critics) + IMDB both ratings display in skin.
Information 
Version 0.1.5

Changes:
  • Added ability to switch between viewing pushes for this device, another device or all devices
  • Fix for note view not showing any text on some skins
  • Added thumbnails for images (and videos when 'Load Video Thumbnails' is enabled)
  • Added custom fonts for Aeon MQ 5 and Amber
  • Added setting 'Force Specific Device Pushes To View On Start'
  • Added setting 'Default Pushes To View On Start' with the options 'This Device', 'All Devices', and 'Last Selection'
  • Restructured the settings categories

On my REPO.

If anyone wants the fonts customized for the skin they are using, it would be helpful if you edit the addons/service.pushbullet.com/resources/skins/Main/720p/fonts.json file and create a new entry for that skin. This skin name is the name of the skin folder minus the skin. at the beginning. You can find the font names in the skins Font.xml file located in its 720p/1080i folder. You can then play around with different fonts until you get the ones that look the best but changing the fonts.json and reloading the addon interface. If you update the addon your changes will be lost, so you'll just want to do this for testing, and then send me a copy of the entries so I can add it.

There was a bug I fixed in the authentication module that would affect some users. If anyone has any problems in the future with authentication please let me know.

I'm going to localize the strings for the addon in preparation for submitting it to the official repository. If there is any import feature missing or bugs please let me know, otherwise I'm going to stop adding features until after official repo submission.

tinybutstrong: Turns out the note display problem was an issue with Aeon MQ 5. It should work now, not to mention I added custom fonts for that skin so that things look better.
Information 
Version 0.1.6 - 0.1.7

Changes:
  • Localize strings
  • Added some code to keep service alive through push receiver errors/disconnects
  • Fix for actions operating on the wrong push
  • Fix for deleting the top push causing focus to drop to the bottom of the list

On my REPO.

I pushed 0.1.6 and immediately realized there was a bug when I deleted a push and the wrong push got deleted, so here's 0.1.7 Smile

Version 0.1.8

Changes:
  • Fix the hardcoded fake email I had in there while I was taking a screenshot

On my REPO.

Now this is just embarassing Smile
(2014-09-25, 21:14)ruuk Wrote: Now this is just embarassing Smile

Lol we've all been there!

Sweet addon, very powerful!
I think the service is not restoring when you wake up the machine from sleep mode. In other words, media links not opening automagically.
(2014-09-26, 16:51)tinybutstrong Wrote: I think the service is not restoring when you wake up the machine from sleep mode. In other words, media links not opening automagically.

Is that with the newest version? v0.1.3 and below had issues with the service not being handled properly.
Also a log would be great Smile
@ruuk
Future request.
Plans to let the addon push notifications when media starts/stops playing? (something similar like the Trakt.tv addon that pushed watched at a certain point of watching, 80%, to trakt.tv website)
This can be very useful for mobile phones that also run Tasker.

Some use cases.
On media playback mute mobile, turn of lights, post messages to social media etc.
Om media stopped/ended turn lights on, unmute mobile etc etc
When watched for 80% send message to whatsapp or other sharing sites.
Or perform any other task , Tasker can handle.

Also useful in combination with https://ifttt.com/

Edit:
Installed addon and added token via advanced settings.
And clicked Add/Link this Kodi device in Authorization settings,
I noticed Authorize and This Kodi Device Name (grayed out) didn't function.

I then send a Test message to Kodi Devices and complete screen turned white with message in top left corner and took a while before it goes away,
Can't this be done via XBMC Notifications?
(2014-09-26, 17:45)schumi2004 Wrote: @ruuk
Future request.
Plans to let the addon push notifications when media starts/stops playing? (something similar like the Trakt.tv addon that pushed watched at a certain point of watching, 80%, to trakt.tv website)
This can be very useful for mobile phones that also run Tasker.

Some use cases.
On media playback mute mobile, turn of lights, post messages to social media etc.
Om media stopped/ended turn lights on, unmute mobile etc etc
When watched for 80% send message to whatsapp or other sharing sites.
Or perform any other task , Tasker can handle.

Also useful in combination with https://ifttt.com/

That all sounds great.
We could also have triggers for other events like Kodi startup/shutdown, screensaver activated/deactivated, database updated, other player functions besides stop/start.

On the flip side we could also have Kodi actions triggered by pushes, like shutdown Kodi when you get a note push with the text 'shutdown', for example.
I already use ifttt.com with pushbullet, so I'm familiar with that.

After it's stable and I submit to the official repo, that's when I'll start adding the ability to actually create pushes, and then I can look into also adding this stuff.
(2014-09-26, 17:41)ruuk Wrote: Is that with the newest version? v0.1.3 and below had issues with the service not being handled properly.

Nvm, ignore my report. I'm unable to reproduce again.
(2014-09-26, 19:24)tinybutstrong Wrote:
(2014-09-26, 17:41)ruuk Wrote: Is that with the newest version? v0.1.3 and below had issues with the service not being handled properly.

Nvm, ignore my report. I'm unable to reproduce again.

Well let me know if you have any troubles in the future.
The most recent version added code to handle disconnects from the push server. Perhaps sleep mode was causing a disconnect (which would make sense) and now the new code fixes that.
Information 
Version 0.1.9

Changes:
  • Fix for service being started a second time instead of starting the interface when started from the home screen

On my REPO.
About the wake up issue, it happened again. Unfortunately, I have no log to share for a simple reason: even after 15 minutes idling nothing were added to debug log.

In meantime I've sent few Youtube/Vimeo and direct links to images.

v0.1.9

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[DEPRECATED] Pushbullet0