Android [AFTV] Exporting AFTV library for MySQL
I've done a search of the forum, but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. I use NFS shares with my AFTV but cache all the images locally, and as you would expect I've run out of storage. So I set up MySQL on my server, but I want to use the database from the AFTV. It's not rooted, and I have adb fire installed on my Mac to move things back and forth from the AFTV. So how do I copy the DB from the fire to my Linux server? I've never used MySQL, and can't seem to figure it out....
Hey Redfro, unfortunately I don't think moving the mysql database is going to gain you all that much space in this case. It's the cached images that will be taking up space. I'm susprised you are running out of space though. I have a very large movie and television database, and still have plenty of space left.

Using ADB Fire, can you log on to your device with the "ADB Shell" button and tell us what the output of "df" says ?
Mine says:

Code:
shell@android:/ $ df
df
Filesystem             Size   Used   Free   Blksize
/dev                   974M    48K   974M   4096
/mnt/secure            974M     0K   974M   4096
/mnt/asec              974M     0K   974M   4096
/mnt/obb               974M     0K   974M   4096
/storage/usb           974M     0K   974M   4096
/system                756M   713M    43M   4096
/data                    5G     5G   572M   4096
/persist                 7M     5M     2M   4096
/cache                 756M    13M   743M   4096
/firmware               63M     7M    56M   16384
/mnt/shell/emulated      5G     5G   572M   4096
/storage/emulated/legacy     5G     5G   572M   4096
shell@android:/ $

Perhaps you've installed some big games on your Fire TV ?
you can't just copy the database. The database in non-mysql'd xbmc machines is a completely different DB engine to MySQL.

The wiki does however detail how to set this up, it involves exporting your database and then importing with MySQL setup. But read the wiki for details.

Your artwork will still be cached on the ftv though.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AFTV] Exporting AFTV library for MySQL0