Android [Fire TV] XBMC Muted
I recently installed PseudoTV Live and I noticed that my xbmc got muted. I tried to use another add on, but there was no audio. I'm wondering is there anyway I can get the sound back without reinstalling xbmc.
(2014-09-20, 02:34)topclass Wrote: I recently installed PseudoTV Live and I noticed that my xbmc got muted. I tried to use another add on, but there was no audio. I'm wondering is there anyway I can get the sound back without reinstalling xbmc.

F8 on keyboard, or temp map the mute key to select button using keymap plugin.

BTW you could have easily found your answer at the proper PTVL thread.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
The exact same thing happened to me as well. I'm running a Fire TV Stick with tvmc. Enabled Pseudotv and have been having trouble ever since. ALL of my Fire Tv stick is now muted. I was able to get the red icon in the upper right hand corner to go away. I don't have a keyboard yet, so the way i did it was to use my Wukong remote on my phone, and then i hit the unmute button. While did this did get rid of the red mute button, the sound did not return. I'm going to try a few more things before i just do a hard reset. If you have any ideas, let me know.
I had something similar, but immediately after installation of KODI (sound always muted).

Using the fire tv android app, simply press the "+" key in the keyboard screen. Sound comes on immediately. I can't believe this worked, but I tried all of the other solutions from other forums without luck.
Hey Guys.

Happy to find this thread here! Smile

I had a problem with a kodi 15.2 (apk/android) version for the FireTV-Stick by elmerohueso from xda.

This app workes perfect on my Amazon FireTV-Box with FW/ROM bueller-51.1.6.3_516012020-rooted.zip.
With the xposed modules from rbox are very nice. They let kodi be the default launcher to autostart it with the system and bring it back to front with the home button instead of the fire-tv-launcher.

But I had a issue on a Amazon Fire TV Stick (Hardware rooted FW 54.1.1.0_user_110031420), wich is at my parents home.
When I enable the xposed-modules from rbox after installing 15.2 kodi before (not importand if I use offiricaly or elmerohueso version), I got's muted to.
I can restart the app and sometimes he will un-mute but after a while it is muted again.

Definitely no other remote or controller enable this. It must be caused by autostart or something like this.
When I disable the xposed modules from rbox, the mute button is not enabled per default.
I try to change guisettings.xml and add a "mute false" entry, without success.

It is not very easy for my parents to un-mute kodi on this stick. Because it had no keyboard and no usb port free for a hid-device.
The only way to unmute easily this kodi with autostart, is to enalbe http-webinterface and hit the volume up button. The mute button in the webinterface had no function!?

Here are three logs:
Log1
Log2
Log3

It is not very easy for me to get the current guisettings.xml, but If you really need it, I can try to get it over a phone-call and teamviewer Big Grin Jeahj Big Grin

Here is a post from xda, in rbox-thread, about this strange bug.
Here in the changed apk-thread for fireTV.

Does anbody can tell me the option-parameter in guisettings.xml to disable joystick-support. The kodi had no gui-option for this.

Greetings from Germany, by HushPeter
Sorry for the push, but I can not imagine that here is nobody who can help me with my problem.

I really searching for some help.

Nobody? I can not find any strange lines in my logs.

Greetings by HUSHPETER
maybe you should ask at XDA developers or at least create your own thread and don't hijack others threads Wink.

reading from your first link: "elmerohueso from xda" : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...?t=2790392

I see:

Quote:I created a slightly modified package of XBMC/Kodi for the Fire TV

So it seems he changed something. If he changes something, he should support it, I guess. So, no offense, but my suggestion is, that it's hard to get support for something "not-official" as Team-Kodi has it's own APK:

http://kodi.tv/download/

For the joystick support....I grepped my own guisettings.xml and found this:

<enablejoystick default="true">true</enablejoystick>

So as a wild guess:

<enablejoystick default="true">false</enablejoystick>

will do the trick Wink
Thumbs Up 
(2015-12-09, 15:30)David1977 Wrote: maybe you should ask at XDA developers or at least create your own thread and don't hijack others threads Wink.
I don't want to hijack others threads, I want to combine same topics into one thread instead of many threads with the same topic Wink
(2015-12-09, 15:30)David1977 Wrote: reading from your first link: "elmerohueso from xda" : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...?t=2790392

I see:

Quote:I created a slightly modified package of XBMC/Kodi for the Fire TV

So it seems he changed something. If he changes something, he should support it, I guess. So, no offense, but my suggestion is, that it's hard to get support for something "not-official" as Team-Kodi has it's own APK:

http://kodi.tv/download/
Sadly, I understand that.
I thought it would be possible to find out where this strange behavour comes from.
Read a lot of thread with automute when autostart. Sometimes the solution was to disable joystick support (also if they had no joystick connected Big Grin) most others running into "no help" section or never replyed again to this topic.
(2015-12-09, 15:30)David1977 Wrote: For the joystick support....I grepped my own guisettings.xml and found this:

<enablejoystick default="true">true</enablejoystick>

So as a wild guess:

<enablejoystick default="true">false</enablejoystick>

will do the trick Wink
Thx, this is a soltution I can try, next time when I am at the same place like the stikc Smile

So I wil, try:
  1. Installing official kodi apk - last stable and try to run rbox modules with that (I think they will not work with them)
  2. try setting manually the lines from your guisettings.xml, with the joystick option disabled
  3. playing with audio-options from root-system (firetv-android) and from kodi itself
  4. completly reinstall kodi (elmerohueso edition)
  5. try the new 16 release from elmerohueso
  6. if nothing helps, searching for a workarround like pressing-LONG a button on remote to unmute

Greetings by HushPeter
(2015-11-15, 22:19)someotherguy Wrote: I had something similar, but immediately after installation of KODI (sound always muted).

Using the fire tv android app, simply press the "+" key in the keyboard screen. Sound comes on immediately. I can't believe this worked, but I tried all of the other solutions from other forums without luck.

This was so great I had to create an account to say thank you!!! Your solution works!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Fire TV] XBMC Muted0