Private key / public key for ssh/sftp source
ssh on my server does not permit password-based login -- I use public/private keys.

I want to create an ssh/sftp video source in my Android XBMC app.

My device is a nexus 7 running Android 4.4.4

Where should I place my private key on the device so that the ssh/sftp video source will work properly?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Marc
I don't think you can in XBMC. You could mount via operating system or app perhaps?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-09-20, 08:14)nickr Wrote: I don't think you can in XBMC. You could mount via operating system or app perhaps?

I know it works in my Ubuntu xbmc install. I just put my keys in /home/username/.ssh

Xbmc establishes a secure tunnel only when video source is being scanned for update or when playing a video.

It sounds like I can't do the same with android xbmc?
I didn't know it worked in xbmc at all, does a debug log tell where the key is being looked for?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
With kodi 16, you can store the private keys used for ssh connection under /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.ssh. The folder might not be visible so use adb to copy the file.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Private key / public key for ssh/sftp source0