Win Video starts next item before finishing
While I'm watching a video, it will start playing the next video before finishing the first one.

For example, I was watching a movie and about an hour in it started playing the next movie in my library. I exited and started up the first movie where it left off, and again at about another hour in, it started playing the next movie.

I do have 'play next video automatically' enabled, but why is it not finishing the video before playing the next?
It occurs with Movies or TV Shows, always about an hour into the video. I have not experienced this issue with any videos less than an hour long. The issue does not occur at the same time relative to each video, and fast forwarding through to the same point does not trigger the next video to play.

System Info:
XBMC 13.2
Windows 8.1
CPU: Intel i5-4590s
RAM: 8GB

Debug Log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=298701
The above log is from watching the Muppets Most Wanted Movie, at around 1 hour 20 minutes in it cut to the next movie in the list (Old School). The time stamp was around 12:54.
"asked for new data packet, with nothing available"

This turns up a lot in the log, including right before where it gives up. I'm not sure of the source of your file, but it seems to be an access issue. Effectively, for whatever means, XBMC can't get packets from the source faast enough, if it fails to get the packets enough times in a row, it gives up, stops playing the item, and if there's a playlist, it moves on to the next item.
Thanks for the response.

I've got a Windows 7 desktop hosting the files on my network and the XBMC box has the locations attached as network drives. Is there some sort of timeout on samba that may be causing this?
Looks like there is a timeout on network drives. Default is set to 15 minutes, which makes sense because I have my readbufferfactor set to 4.0 (4x15 = 60 which is about when the videos would stop).

I followed these steps to disable the autodisconnect: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297684
Code:
net config server /autodisconnect:-1

Haven't had an issue since.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video starts next item before finishing0